Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nemucod / NemucodAES Ransomware (.crypted - Decrypt.txt) Support & Help Topic

• Please log in to reply
653 replies to this topic

#646 xenocide122

xenocide122

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:17 PM

@demonslay335 I am trying to open it, it is 4gb so is taking a long time (notepad refused so tying something else), I will let you know what I can find.

I did have it in the %TEMP% folder but it said it was not the db file but it is where it was supposed to be and is named the exact same thing that my note is named.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#647 Demonslay335

Demonslay335

Ransomware Hunter

• Security Colleague
  • 3,179 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:19 PM

@xenocide122

Try Notepad++, it will buffer the file. v1.0.0.79 gives you that error?

logo-25.pngID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic]

ransomnotecleaner-25.png RansomNoteCleaner - Remove Ransom Notes Left Behind [Support Topic]

cryptosearch-25.pngCryptoSearch - Find Files Encrypted by Ransomware [Support Topic]

If I have helped you and you wish to support my ransomware fighting, you may support me here.

#648 xenocide122

xenocide122

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:39 PM

@demonslay335 I did not realize I could look at the file in a text viewer, but I am going to have to do more digging, this file does not look like the right file... has some .net info and a bunch of strange characters.

I am using the latest version of the decrypter so i will let you know when I find the right file and how it all goes. Thanks again!

#649 Demonslay335

Demonslay335

Ransomware Hunter

• Security Colleague
  • 3,179 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 02:02 PM

@xenocide122

Just finished downloading your file, and it is not a valid database file. I'm not sure what it is yet, actually.

Also, protip - it's best to compress large files before sharing. 7zip would have compressed it to probably 10-25% that size on ultra compression settings. Even regular zip compression would have cut it way down.

Also my bad, Notepad++ actually does have a limit that I forgot (I rarely open text files that large).

Edited by Demonslay335, 18 August 2017 - 02:03 PM.

logo-25.pngID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic]

ransomnotecleaner-25.png RansomNoteCleaner - Remove Ransom Notes Left Behind [Support Topic]

cryptosearch-25.pngCryptoSearch - Find Files Encrypted by Ransomware [Support Topic]

If I have helped you and you wish to support my ransomware fighting, you may support me here.

#650 xenocide122

xenocide122

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 02:04 PM

@demonslay335

Thanks for the info and tips!

#651 MisterBA

MisterBA

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2017 - 02:49 AM

Hi,

I think there is a new strain of this which I cannot solve with the current decrypt tools...

I have tried many things now to try and decrypt the files but nothing seems to work.

Please help, files located here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B24EIq9HH6RGSmM4ajNxSVNwSmc

It's not Nemucod, the whole file is encrypted and padded. Notice how the file sizes are not the same.

It is something different. We may need more samples of the malware. If you can find it, please submit it here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/submit-malware.php?channel=168

I have attached a zip file that contains multiple samples of different filetypes using the link provided above.

How would I follow up if there is any solution regarding my ransomware problem as depicted above?

#652 Demonslay335

Demonslay335

Ransomware Hunter

• Security Colleague
  • 3,179 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:28 AM

Please make sure you are using the latest version of the decrypter, v1.0.0.79. If you still have issues, you will need to supply the key database, and an encrypted file as far up on the list as possible that you also have the original of (preferably one of the first 5-10 files).

#653 Maikl

Maikl

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 AM

Posted 20 September 2017 - 05:05 AM

Good day, the same problem I have, maybe it's more complicated, I can not ...

images.jpg (11.7 KB)
images.jpg.crypted_monkserenen@tvstar_com (12.6 KB)

For encrypted and original files the sizes are different, what can be done in this case?
Please help me (

#654 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 49,578 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:14 AM

@ Maikl...I replied to your topic here.

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016