Bleeping Computer® is a community of individuals of all ages who are here to learn new information, to help each other, and to help their fellow peers. With that in mind, we ask that all members please follow these simple rules in order to create an atmosphere where everyone feels comfortable.
The rules are as follows:
- All information and instructions given within these forums is to be
used at your own risk. By following or using any of this information you
give up the right to hold BleepingComputer.com liable for any damages.
- All the forums are categorized by topics. Please post your questions
or messages in the appropriate forum.
- Answers to many of the questions you may have can be found in the Tutorials
Section, Glossary, or from other posts on the message boards. Please
use the search functions, at the top right of each page,
to find your answers. If you are still having problems, feel free
to post your question.
- All help must be provided in the forums or on our IRC Chat channel. We do not allow support to be provided or requested via personal message, email, or remote desktop control programs (Logmein, TeamViewer, etc).
- If a topic is posted in a forum that is not appropriate for the question,
the staff has the right to move that topic to another better suited forum.
- The posting of any copyrighted material on our web site is strictly prohibited.
- Posting links in order to generate affiliate commissions is not permitted at BleepingComputer.com. Any posts that are deemed to be posted in order to generate affiliate commissions, regardless of the product being promoted, will be deleted. If a user continues to create affiliate SPAM posts, they will be banned.
- Posting links to 3rd party malware removal guides is not permitted at BleepingComputer.com. BleepingComputer.com is not able to vet whether an external guide contains valid instructions or whether the tools promoted are trustworthy. Therefore, links to 3rd party malware removal guides are not permitted and such posts or or links will be removed at BleepingComputer's discretion.
- There will be no use of profanity on our message boards.
This will not be tolerated and can lead to immediate suspension.
- When posting, please use proper grammar. Refrain from 'text-message' style substitutions of words like 'u' for 'you', and 'ur' for 'your'. This is a multi-national forum, and some of our non-english speaking members must use translation software which is confused by abbreviations. Most of our volunteer members are very busy helping as many people as they can, and a post that is hard to read will often be overlooked.
- There will be no racial, ethnic, gender based insults or any other personal
discriminations. This will not be tolerated and can lead to immediate
- There will be no posts meant to offend or hurt any other member, in a
manner which is offensive or inflammatory. This includes flaming or instigating
- Spamming is not permitted; please keep all your posts as constructive
- Pornography, warez, or any other illegal transactions may NOT be linked
in any shape or form.
No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.
- This forum has the right to request alteration or deletion of any offensive
post. If this is not done in a prompt manner, the Staff will delete the
- Posts may be deleted for any reasons the forum administrators deem reasonable.
- Pictures may be posted as long as they are not explicit, offensive, or
- Advertisements, of any sort, are not permitted. This includes member
names and links to commercial sites in Signatures, or in posts. You also
may not solicit sales for Newegg through the use of promotion or coupon
codes. If you would like to advertise on our site, contact us here.
- In order to reduce spam on the site, you will not be able to add a signature to your account until you reach 25 posts. Signatures are limited to 5 lines or 2000 characters; whichever comes first. If your signature is larger than the allotted size given or deemed unacceptable, you will be requested to adjust your signature. Failure to comply will result in the removal of your signature.
- Only one image per signature. Images in signatures must also be no larger
than 500 pixels wide X 90 pixels high. If you have more than one image you
will be requested to remove one. If this is not done in a timely manner
the staff has the right to modify your signature to abide by these rules.
- Any links in signatures or profiles cannot be commercial in nature or they will be removed by BleepingComputer. You may not put links in your signature soliciting donations unless you are in certain member groups. Those member groups that are allowed will be expressly notified. If you have a personal website or off-site help resource, that is more than fine, but you can not sell products or services through your signature. Multiple links to the same site, unless for a very specific reason, are not permitted in a signature and will be removed.
Avatars must be in good taste. This means no vulgar or violent images, pornography, or profanity. Avatars that are found to be inappropriate will be removed at the discretion of the staff.
- Linking to hate, anti-Semitic, racist, pornography, warez, or other illegal
sites is not permitted.
- Links in your signature must be unobtrusive and can not use formatting so
that attention is brought to them.
- Members can not be email addresses. This rule is in place to protect you from spam bots who will pick up your email address and spam you.
- Members may have only one account on this forum. There is no need to have more than one.
- Any impersonation of a user from these forums, in any mode of communication,
is strictly prohibited and will result in a banning.
- Linked and locked topics are pruned regularly to reduce page clutter.
If you have a question about where your topic went, please PM a Moderator
or Administrator before starting a new topic asking where it went, or posting
a duplicate of the original topic. We will be happy to provide you with a
link to the new location, or a reason why it was locked and/or removed.
Violation of any of these rules can lead to a banning of the
user from our Web Site and a deletion of their account. The consequences will be determined by the Staff on a case by case basis.
When posting you agree that the administrators and the moderators of this forum has the right to modify, delete, edit or close any topic, signature, account, or profile data at any time that they see fit. If you have any questions concerning this, please do not start a new thread, but rather private message to an administrator or moderator.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us