Windows 10 19H1 preview build 18272 is rolling out to the Windows Insiders in the Fast and Skip Ahead rings. Windows 10 Build 18272 comes with several improvements and fixes but there are no major changes.
The company says that Windows 10 Build 18272 may contain bugs that might be painful for some. If you're uncomfortable, you can switch to Slow Ring as it gets higher quality and fewer builds.
Microsoft has also released the ISOs of this update and you can use it to clean install Windows 10 19H1 preview update. If you're interested, you can grab the ISOs from here.
Windows Hello sign-in options redesigned
Microsoft is redesigning the sign-in options page to make it easier for users to access the sign-in settings, choose the safest and faster configuration for your needs. "By condensing each sign-in option into a list that explains individual properties and next step for setup, we hope you feel more informed the next time you decide how you want to sign in using enhanced security features with Windows Hello," Microsoft explains.
Microsoft's AI-powered SwiftKey virtual keyboard for Windows 10 is now available in more languages. Microsoft is expanding support to the following languages:
- English (Canada) – en-CA
- English (India) – en-IN
- French (Canada) – fr-CA
- French (Belgium) – fr-BE
- French (Switzerland) – fr-CH
- Portuguese (Portugal) – pt-PT
- German (Switzerland) – de-CH
- Spanish (United States) – es-US
If you use a physical keyboard, you will notice that that text suggestions are also supported with the above languages. If you’d like to try it, you can do so by enabling the “Show text suggestions as I type” feature under Settings > Devices > Typing.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We’re rolling out a feature where if you right click on a group name or tile folder in Start, you will now have an option to unpin it. Currently 50% of Insiders will have this option.
- We fixed an issue where Task Manager settings wouldn’t persist after closing and reopening Task Manager in recent flights.
- We fixed an issue where only users in Vietnam could use the new Vietnamese Telex and Number key-based keyboards. Now anyone can use them – please try it out if you’re familiar with the language!
- We fixed an issue where doing an upwards search with wrap enabled in Notepad wouldn’t find the last word in the text.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Settings crashing when navigating to Data Usage.
- We fixed an issue where starting the PIN removal process in Settings then clicking Cancel when prompted for your password would crash Settings.
- We fixed an issue where twinui.dll would crash on some devices in the last few builds after selecting a wireless display to project to from the Connect flyout.
- We fixed an issue where enhancements selected under Speaker Properties > Enhancements wouldn’t persist on upgrade.
- We fixed an issue resulting in FLAC metadata being cut short in File Explorer and other locations.
- The “Forget” option for Wi-Fi profiles is now available for non-admin users.
- Ctrl + Mouse Wheel Scroll to zoom in text is now supported in Command Prompt, PowerShell and WSL.
- When using dark theme (Settings > Personalization > Colors) your scrollbars in Command Prompt, PowerShell and WSL will now become dark too.
- We fixed an issue with the console that could cause graphical glitches in the embedded terminal of VS Code (see Microsoft/vscode#57803).
- The options to change your default app mode and enable/disable transparency have moved to the top of Colors Settings so it’s easier for people to find.
- Task View fails to show the + button under New Desktop after creating 2 Virtual Desktops.
- Some users will notice the update status cycling between Getting Things Ready, Downloading, and Installing. This is often accompanied with error 0x8024200d caused by a failed express package download.
- If you have a have a large number of OTF fonts, or OTF fonts that support the extended East Asian character set, you may experience some unexpectedly missing text across the system. We’re working on a fix. If you encounter this issue, navigating to the Fonts folder (c:\windows\fonts) may resolve it.
- PDFs opened in Microsoft Edge may not display correctly (small, instead of using the entire space).
- We’re investigating a race condition resulting in blue screens if your PC is set up to dual boot. If you’re impacted the workaround is to disable dual boot for now, we’ll let you know when the fix flights.
- The hyperlink colors need to be refined in Dark Mode in Sticky Notes if the Insights are enabled.
- Settings page will crash after changing the account password, we recommend using the CTRL + ALT + DEL method to change the password
Known issues for Developers
- If you install any of the recent builds from the Fast ring and switch to the Slow ring – optional content such as enabling developer mode will fail. You will have to remain in the Fast ring to add/install/enable optional content. This is because optional content will only install on builds approved for specific rings.