Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pocast / Rss / Xml

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 imi

imi

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 13 July 2007 - 08:29 PM

Doesn't sit well in this programming forum so just move it needs bo to where ever.

I work in a school and want to start using podcasts, but am overwelmed by the concept and need a decent tutorial or guidance to start off.

What hardware is required, and the pitfalls ( if any ) of buying starter kits.

Secondly anyone know of any interactive xml guides/tutorials that will quickly get us started without necessarity becoming programmers. I understand there are providers that will do this for us but we would like the option of testing out before committing our limited school budget.

Any help would be great.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 14 July 2007 - 10:58 AM

Have you tried simply doing a search for podcast creation freeware? The only hardware one should need is a server, which most schools have anyway. The topic is a bit broad, so it is hard to answer your question. Any freeware packages that you may find should be enough to at least get you started and help you figure out what you need, etc. It should also help you figure out any specific questions. :thumbsup:

#3 Stofzuiger

Stofzuiger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 05 April 2009 - 07:28 AM

Doesn't sit well in this programming forum so just move it needs bo to where ever.

I work in a school and want to start using podcasts, but am overwelmed by the concept and need a decent tutorial or guidance to start off.

What hardware is required, and the pitfalls ( if any ) of buying starter kits.

Secondly anyone know of any interactive xml guides/tutorials that will quickly get us started without necessarity becoming programmers. I understand there are providers that will do this for us but we would like the option of testing out before committing our limited school budget.

Any help would be great.

Hio Imi =']

I have made a podcast myself, and got it in Itunes eventually. As XML script u can simply take the template from the apple site, aswell as a tutorial on how to make one.

the tutorial: http://www.apple.com/itunes/whatson/podcasts/specs.html

To create ur first episode u simply need some software (and maybe hardware) to make audio file (.mp3 if im right) or video files (.mp4 files) After that u simply upload the file somewhere on the internet,and add it to your XML file.

The tutorial will give u enough information to get started.

For me the problem was to find a decent XML server (i dont want to pay). U can therefor use http://www.mypodcast.com/ ,and u dont have to edit the XML file yourself!

If u dont care to pay a little, any XML host will do. Though mind that u will need enough bandwith, else people wont be able to download your episodes.

You might as well take a look here: http://discussions.apple.com/forum.jspa?forumID=1107 (its an apple forum about producing podcasts)

I hope this helps u out. If u have a question, just ask

Stofzuiger =']

Every one goes fun fun fun

Who is this doin' this synthetic type of alpha beta psychedelic bleepin'? ~Chemical Brothers - Elektrobank

#4 T-man356

T-man356

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:02 AM

mypodcast.com is no longer accepting new users! What now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users