Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dvd Drive Error

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Village Baka

Village Baka

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 PM

Posted 13 July 2007 - 06:46 PM

I bought a DVD burner, and I got it hooked up and everything. Windows recognized the drive, and it can read CDs and DVDs just fine. However, whenever I put in a blank DVD, it gives me the "what do you want to do" popup as usual, but when I try to put files onto the space for things to be burned, it says "Windows encountered a problem while trying to copy this folder. What do you want Windows to do?"

It only gives me this message when I use a blank DVD. CDs work fine. I'm using DVD-Rs, and those are compatible with the drive. It didn't come with any drivers, so that's not the problem either. Does anyone have any idea for me?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 13 July 2007 - 07:35 PM

What burning software are you using?
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Village Baka

Village Baka
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2007 - 10:39 PM

Uh, Windows Explorer? :thumbsup: I just open up My Computer, go to the drive, and drag-and-drop my files to be burned into the window.

Do I HAVE to have separate software for DVDs?

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 14 July 2007 - 10:29 AM

When you bought the drive didn't anything like Nero come with it?
Mark

read this-Microsoft
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 Village Baka

Village Baka
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:23 PM

No. It was just the drive, and an install manual.

To clarify, I'm not trying to make video DVDs. I just have some files that are really big and I want to keep, but I don't use regularly. So it's just permanent storage, not videos that I want to watch on a DVD player.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users