Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nvidia "purevideo"question

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 genthore

genthore

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 13 July 2007 - 04:54 PM

I know that the player "Showtime" in Nero 7 Ultra Enhanced supports NVidias "PureVideo" technology and I know how to enable hardware acceleration in the player, my question is- Is that all I have to do? Is the NVidia encoder included with the video card installation disc? , do I have to buy it separately? ,or is it even necessary because Nero has its own encoder ? My Video card is an XFX GeForce 8600 GTS xxx Edition PCI-E 256MB DDR3 Memory clock 2.26GHz Clock Rate 730MHz Shader clock 1595MHz. In the card description on the NVidia website heres what is says

NVIDIA® PureVideo™ Technology
The combination of high-definition video processors and NVIDIA DVD decoder software delivers unprecedented picture clarity, smooth video, accurate color, and precise image scaling for all video content to turn your PC into a high-end home theater. (Feature requires supported video software.)

I can't get any answers from NVidia because they don't sell to end users so they don't have a dedicated support department - I read on a forum somewhere that just because the card features PureVideo it doesnt mean it comes with the encoder. Will I have to uninstall Neros encoder to use Nvidias ? Its a confusing :flowers: situation for me because I have never worried about watching DVDs on my pc but now that I have a nice widescreen Samsung and a nice video card I want to see just how good it can be.
Anybody who knows anything about it please leave a message about your experience with PureVideo or Nero Showtime. Thanks :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users