Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Removing Programs From Xp

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Johnz414

Johnz414

• Members
  • 501 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 13 July 2007 - 03:52 PM

Hi,

I have four hard drives, three installed on my PC and one broken.

I original was using a SCSI 10 GB for my OS with application programs being put on a different hard drive/partition.

I replaced this with a $20.00 eBay 80 pin SCSI 78 GB. I was very happy with this because it could hold not only the OS but applications and data on one hard drive while I focused on using the other drives for music and videos, etc.

When I started using this 78 GBer I manually deleted all of the application files on the other hard associated with the 10 GB OS drive.

Then the 78 GB drive broke, the right "ear" on the back the 80 pin female receptor broke completely off making the hard drive useless.

To quickly remedy the situation I put the SCSI 10 GB back in my PC.

Only it still has the OS associated with the manually deleted application files from a different hard drive/partition. Needless to say this is keeping me from re-installing the application files like Adobe. I also can't uninstall them sense they really aren't there. The uninstall throws an error up.

I did a search to find the application files like Adobe and almost every file on the PC came up sense most all files are associated with Adobe. Therefore, I can't delete useless Adobe files from the search format, i.e., which ones would you delete?

Does anyone know of a way to fix this without doing a total re-install?

Windows Registry Repair Pro wont fix it. It doesn't even recognize that there is anything missing. You would think it would but it wont!

I need to use Adobe!

Anyone?

John

Edited by Johnz414, 13 July 2007 - 03:57 PM.

John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LcNessie

LcNessie

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 13 July 2007 - 04:46 PM

You could try and just bluntly reinstall the application, and then removing it officially again. Yes, I know you are constrained in space, but you could do it one application at a time. That should clean up the drive nicely.

The other option is to go and dig around in the registry... NOT recommended...
Yours sincerely,

LcNessie

"Oh dear, how sad, nevermind... (SNICKER!)" Battery Sgt. Mjr Taffy "Shut up!" Williams - it ain't half hot, mum

#3 Johnz414

Johnz414
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 501 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 13 July 2007 - 09:09 PM

That's what I meant, I can't download Adobe when I try it cuts out just before completing with some error.
John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 15 July 2007 - 04:12 AM

Try removing/uninstalling the programs manually.

Uninstall Programs Manually
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users