Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft.net Framework

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 AM

Posted 13 July 2007 - 09:11 AM

I have various versions of Microsoft.Net Framework on my PC being :

Microsoft.Net framework 1.1
id Dutch Language pack
id. Hotfix928366
id 2.0
id. 2.0 Language pack Dutch
id. 3.0
id 2.0 Language pack Dutch

could this be the source of problems in terms of a sluggish computer??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 13 July 2007 - 11:04 AM

You are getting the duplicate updates if you have support for the other language already installed and operational on your OS.
If you go into the Control Panel and open the International Settings, check how many languages you have "installed."

Your OS needs the updates if you continue to support the second language.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 AM

Posted 14 July 2007 - 05:12 AM

Apparently I have both English and Dutch installed. Can I remove one of them?The fact that I have all the 3 versions on my computer could not be the reason for being so sluggish?

#4 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 14 July 2007 - 08:03 AM

You can uninstall one of the languages that you no longer need and the corresponding update.

See if it makes any difference in the performance of your PC.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:54 AM

For sluggish computers the Task Manager is your most valuable tool (after that comes the free Process Explorer available here: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysintern...ssExplorer.mspx ) These tools can tell you a lot about what's happening inside of your system.

The Processes tab can tell you the programs that are running on your system - and if you enable the IO Reads column you can even see if something is accessing your hard drive excessively. The CPU column will tell you how your CPU is being used, and the Memory column will tell you what's going on in the RAM/pagefile.

Switching to the Performance tab, you'll get nice snapshots of what's going on inside the system - both with the graphs and with the numbers below the graphs.

Here's a nice overview of what Task Manager is capable of: http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documen...w.mspx?mfr=true
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users