Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse Cursor Is Stuck

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lynnv

lynnv

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 PM

Posted 12 July 2007 - 03:19 PM

Last night while surfing the net my mouse cursor froze up in the middle of my screen. I shut down my computer and rebooted and it still did not help. It was still stuck when the computer came back on. I have a wireless mouse and the batteries are new. I unhooked it and hooked up the original mouse that came with the computer and it also did not work. Could I have somehow hit a key or something that disabled my mouse? Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dfence

dfence

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 12 July 2007 - 04:34 PM

Hi lynnv and welcome to BC ! It would be easier to help you out if you could tell us a little bit more about your mouse, such as it's brand and model number. did you just get it recently ?

Was the web page one you have visited many times before ? are you experiencing any other problems aside from the mouse ? have you recently changed anything, downloaded anything ?

will help you as best we can ;)
I'm not as think as you drunk I am

#3 Aleisha

Aleisha

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 PM

Posted 27 July 2007 - 06:21 PM

i have the same problem, but my mouse isnt wireless. the cursor freezes whether i have a program running or not. i've had the mouse since i got my computer, which was like a year ago, and there's never been a problem with it until now. does anyone know what might be causing this!?

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 28 July 2007 - 07:32 AM

Try going Start > Control Panel > Mouse > Hardware tab > Properties and make sure the mouse device is enabled. This can be a bit difficult to do without a mouse but by using the Tab key and the Arrow keys you should be able to get there.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users