Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Company Needs A New Av Program...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 12 July 2007 - 02:03 PM

My company of about 150 users is in the market for a new Anti-Virus. Can the experts give their opinions?

Much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 12 July 2007 - 02:17 PM

As you know, a lot of us here are not happy with Norton or McAfee. From personal experience, I would recommend Bitdefender or Kapersky packages. I have set up several small businesses with both, and had no problems. These would not be classified as an enterprise, as they have less than 15 client machines and only one server on the network. However the customers report no problems, and all have said that no viruses or adware have since infiltrated their local network.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#3 jwinathome

jwinathome
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 12 July 2007 - 02:21 PM

Thanks oldf@rt for the response. We definitely would not go the route of Mcafee or Norton...we both feel they are overpriced for what they give, and our users cannot afford the slowdown in performance. (Particularly a cluster of data-entry users.)

#4 MoNsTeReNeRgY22

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

1337 Malware Destroyer

• Members
  • 611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 13 July 2007 - 09:44 PM

I personally love NOD32. They use it at my dad's work and uses bascily no system resources at all!

http://www.nod32.com.au/nod32/products/ent...se_edition.html

Posted Image

#5 SpySentinel

SpySentinel

• Members
  • 2,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 14 July 2007 - 07:43 PM

Or Symantec's new Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0, though its still in beta its something to monitor.
Posted Image
Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators

Posted Image

My help is always free, but if you can, please Posted Image to help me continue the fight against malware.

#6 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 14 July 2007 - 08:46 PM

I have used AVG free Edition for years and have yet to have an infection, of course along with many other programs an procedures to secure my computers. I recently installed AVG File Server Edition on my Windows 2000 Advanced Server. I also replaced 4 AVG free with the AVG FS licenses. I am very happy after 9 month of flawless operations.
My computer is a HP LC3 NetServer with 1 GB of RAM and dual P-III 500Mhz processors.
I also run, SpywareBlaster, SpywareGuard, Spybot S&D, SyGate 5.6, cCleaner, and ERUNT (Auto run at startup).

Edited by acklan, 14 July 2007 - 08:47 PM.
Fixed URL link.

"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users