Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ubuntu Feisty

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 moomoo

moomoo

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 AM

Posted 12 July 2007 - 01:43 PM

I just got and installed Feisty from Linux Pro Magazine. When i installed everything worked perfectly, i even have NDISWrapper working great. So i tryed to install my D-Link DWL 122 wireless USB card.It didnt show up. i got the drivers off the CD and set it up with NDISWrapper. when i look at NDIS' list it says its present and working. but it doesent show up on my network manager. Ive googled it about a million times and there's still nothing. There must be hope to get this working. Any help at all would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nforce

nforce

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 15 July 2007 - 01:51 AM

http://www.shaftek.org/blog/archives/000246.html

Found this on google. :thumbsup: Probably because I wasn't searching Linux Distro specific. Its not the same linux but I would bet that it would work in a similar way.
They said on there that they were having problems with ndiswrapper and that kernel also so maybe a kernel update would work? If not, they also show how they installed drivers without ndiswrapper.
Good Luck

#3 moomoo

moomoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 AM

Posted 16 July 2007 - 09:07 AM

wow. surprisingly it worked perfectly. ubuntus got wireless now muahaha. thanks guys!

Nick

#4 nforce

nforce

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 16 July 2007 - 10:23 AM

Glad I could help :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users