Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Site Updates

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RADIUM-V Interactive

RADIUM-V Interactive

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 AM

Posted 12 July 2007 - 12:24 PM

In my latest website I'm building, the owners of the site want a page where they can have links to a photo album site - the links would probably be updated every few days or so, and they'd like to update them on their own without having to go through me every single time.

I know enough PHP to get by, and I'm fluent in HTML and CSS. Basically, I need help in getting file access down - opening and editing a file on the server and saving the changes. That, and making the edits on a per-line basis so they can add and remove certain links when they need to.

Would anyone like to help me?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 14 July 2007 - 09:30 AM

Create a file that holds all of the links. Usus PHP to dynamically build a web page that displays the links. Create another page that they can use to add or remove links. File access is done on the server side using some scripting or regular programming language to take the input from the form. It's pretty easy. Oh, and I suppose you will want it behind a password protected page of some sort also.

What specifically do you need help with? There should be dozens of code samples that you can copy available on the web.
PHP-Write to File
PHP-Read a File
PHP-Reading from a web form

That should more than get you started.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users