Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cpu Fan Failed And Cpu Voltage Out Of Range

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ibanez7

ibanez7

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:49 AM

Hello to all.
I'm running Windows XP pro version 2002 SP2 on a ASUS P4S333.

I'm getting a voice message error "CPU fan failed" then after that i get "CPU voltage out of range".
I checked and the CPU fan is running fine. I then proceeded into BIOS to verify the settings and found CPU speed on Manual, CPU frequency 20x, CPU/PCI frequency 100/33, CPU/memory frequency ratio on auto, CPU Vcore setting on Auto and CPU Vcore at 1.850V.

I don't have any problem with the computer or any issues when booting except for those 2 voice errors when booting. Any idea what the cause of those errors could be and how to go at fixing them?

Thanks for any and all help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ibanez7

ibanez7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2007 - 12:06 PM

Hello again
I changed the jumper for the DIP switches to jumper free(default) and that took care of the CPU voltage out of range problem by dropping the Vcore to 1.525V.
I'm still getting the CPU fan failed even though it's running no problem. Any ideas?

#3 ibanez7

ibanez7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2007 - 12:59 PM

Just figured out CPU fan failed error. The fan was plugged into power fan receptacle and not into the CPU fan receptacle, therefore it was giving me an error in the post.
All's well.
Hope this helps someone.

Thanks anyway

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2007 - 07:07 PM

Thanks for posting you solutions :thumbsup:

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 12 July 2007 - 11:41 PM

Thanks for posting you solutions :flowers:

Your easiest fix yet. How do you do it? :thumbsup:

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users