Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Home Premium

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 shaggi9580

shaggi9580

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 AM

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:21 AM

:huh: first question -Is Vista actually an XP based program?? next: print spooler service will not start-at all
i have added/removed 2 different types of printers-gotton updated drivers from manufacturers websites and still cannot start spooler service. Is this a Vista gliche or microsoft?? How do I fix this??( error 1075)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 AM

Posted 12 July 2007 - 11:41 AM

Make sure "Remote Procedure Call" is on automatic.
Type services.msc in run, click ok

You may also have a corrupted driver

Edited by Jacee, 13 July 2007 - 10:18 AM.

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 13 July 2007 - 05:20 AM

It depends on what you mean by XP-based - I presume that they've re-used some of the XP code so they wouldn't have to rewrite the entire OS. But, the changes are so drastic that it isn't really just an upgrade of XP - it's a whole new OS.

Also, make sure you also check that the Print Spooler service is also set to Automatic when you type in services.msc
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 AM

Posted 13 July 2007 - 10:18 AM

Oh, yes...I goofed with the added i....how embarrassing :huh:

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2007 - 05:20 AM

That's why there's an edit button - I do it myself a lot! :huh:
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 shaggi9580

shaggi9580
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 AM

Posted 15 July 2007 - 08:57 PM

well, i found the root of problem with the error 1075 It appears that Lexmark printers have a tendancy to attach themselves to THEMselves and locks the print spooler so printer cant run. Basically, be very careful about compatability of hardware with Vista!!! : :huh:

#7 mattaryn

mattaryn

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2007 - 05:07 AM

I have also found this problem w windows vista (amongst many others - to include an especially frustrating act where it automatically deletes stored docs and photos or at least hides them- this prob is listed in another section)
Not impressed at all by where the common user must understand computer lingo that has taken years to acquire in order to overcome these types of problems. This segregates the market and thus shrinks it. Overall a great move if your a competitor (like apple)- a horrible move for Microsoft!
I Shouldve made the switch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users