Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Connect To Internet

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 shark101a

shark101a

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 12 July 2007 - 08:48 AM

Cant connect to internet. I am able to ping out and get a reply, I keyed in the ipconfig cmd and I get the ISP IP address. Checked local area connection status and its says connected and speed 100 Mbps. Packets sent are 105 and received is 14. It was working before but it suddenly stopped. Does anyone know what is wrong?

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 12 July 2007 - 09:40 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 AM

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:11 AM

Knowing what type of internet connection will be beneficial in helping you troubleshoot your issue. What do you have? Cable, DSL, Satellite, DialUp or other? Is there a router involved or not?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 shark101a

shark101a
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:18 AM

I have DSL and its connected to router. I disconnected that pc and connected a laptop with that same conncection and it picks up the internet. I have another pc that is connected to that same router and it works . So it has to be something with that pc.

#4 B-Dub

B-Dub

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:06 AM

Hi Shark,

After reading your concern, I have a couple of suggestions. It sounds like a browser configuration error. I am assuming you are using Internet Explorer. If so please follow these steps:
  • Click on the Tools and then scroll down to and click on Internet Options
  • If you are using IE7, scroll down to Browsing History and click on Delete.
  • Delete all of your Temporary Internet Files and Cookies
  • Click on the Security Tab and then reset all zones to default level.
  • Click on the Advanced Tab and then Reset and the bottom of the Window to restore all settings to default.
The next suggestion that I would recommend is to download a backup browser such as Firefox or Opera. I personally use Firefox and have actually made it my default internet browser. Here is a link for the free download.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

Mozilla offers a free plug-in which will will allow Firefox to open a website using Internet Explorer for the specific sites that will only work with IE. I recommend picking this up as well. Here is the link for this add-on.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419

If neither of these suggestions correct your connectivity issue. The next thing that you should do is revert your computer settings back to an earlier date using the system restore command.
  • Open up your Start menu and click on All Programs.
  • Click on the Accessories Folder.
  • Click on the System Tools folder.
  • Open up System Restore.
  • Make sure that the button "Restore my computer to an earlier time" is selected
  • Click the "Next" button
  • Click on a previous date, one that you know all settings of your browser were functioning properly.
  • Click "Next" and follow the prompts.
This should fix your problem.

B-Dub

#5 shark101a

shark101a
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2007 - 07:39 AM

I did all the steps mentioned, used Firefox browser but still not being able to connect. I did a system restore and still not connecting? any more suggestions?

#6 motherboard

motherboard

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 PM

Posted 13 July 2007 - 03:57 PM

What firewall do you use? Check on its config and allow firefox and IE full internet access and make sure that network activity isn't completely blocked.

This happened to me when i used Zone Alarm.

#7 Sliktor

Sliktor

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 AM

Posted 17 January 2008 - 01:58 PM

I am having the same problem through a Cable Connection. I do not use IE often and generally stick with the Firefox browser. Neither browsers work and any program needing an internet connection is unable to operate. The only real difference I have been able to notice is that "ccApp.exe" is no longer in the Windows Task Manager processes list. I have tired disabling all firewall's and still have no connection.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users