Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems With Vista Email

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 v123naqrroc

v123naqrroc

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 12 July 2007 - 03:15 AM

I have been using Outlook express with XP for a long time now I've new computer using Vista. Problem is how do I get Outlook mail to open up in mail straight away without going though send & receive like I could with Outlook express. Also once I've put an address in the send mail how do I just add & save it to the address box with having to retype it in the address box.
I found that windows mail is not as user friendly as outlook epress was. Is there any way of getting outlook express back on to Vista?
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,076 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 AM

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:36 AM

Windows Mail is (IMO) just Outlook Express with a facelift. To stop it from checking for mail at startup, just remove the checkmark from here:
Tools...Options...General tab...Send and receive messages at Startup.

To automatically add folks to the Contact list, add a checkmark here"
Tools...Options...Send tab...Automatically put people that I respond to in my Contacts
I'm not real sure about this one tho', I don't use Windows Mail and don't know if it'll work for new addresses - maybe someone else here is more familiar with this.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 noaim

noaim

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2007 - 11:58 AM

you can add a sender to the address book by just right clicking on the email message and hit add sender to address book

#4 v123naqrroc

v123naqrroc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2007 - 03:13 AM

Well I've tried all those suggestion and when I go to tools options I get -Preferences> mail> setup> Mail format> spelling> security> other. None of these have a tab to enable one to chose the opening up staright into the emails like express did?
I also don't the option of add the address to my addrss book when I right click the email either

Did someone say a face lift??? or do you mean a rear fall.

#5 noaim

noaim

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2007 - 03:44 AM

Well I've tried all those suggestion and when I go to tools options I get -Preferences> mail> setup> Mail format> spelling> security> other. None of these have a tab to enable one to chose the opening up staright into the emails like express did?
I also don't the option of add the address to my addrss book when I right click the email either

Did someone say a face lift??? or do you mean a rear fall.

weird when I right click on a email it sais towards the bottom "add sender to contacts"

#6 v123naqrroc

v123naqrroc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2007 - 05:18 AM

Well perhaps you have a different version as it doesn't on my email.

#7 noaim

noaim

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2007 - 11:13 AM

here is my version just trying to figure out if you have a bug or literally a different version

Posted Image

Edited by noaim, 14 July 2007 - 11:14 AM.

#8 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,076 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2007 - 05:27 AM

Which version of Vista are you using? Is it a beta or release candidate (RC)?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users