Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan On My Blog

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 faigerayzel

faigerayzel

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 12 July 2007 - 12:27 AM

Hi! This is my first post to Bleeping Computer. I have a blog called Shemittah Rediscovered

The last few days a trojan has been posting to my blog. I keep on deleting the posts which are totally irrelevant to the blog. It is upsetting to me that this is happening and I would love to get rid of the imposter. What to do?

Edited by acklan, 12 July 2007 - 06:35 AM.
Corrected HTML code in hyperlink.~acklan~

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 12 July 2007 - 12:47 AM

Hi, :thumbsup: to bleeping computer. if the blog is on your computer, I would suggest that you post a hijack this log. If the trojan keeps being posted on a server that you do not control, you should contact the administrator for that server .

Please check out the New user orientation center as well as the Tutorials.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 AM

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:42 AM

Is a trojan being posted, or is your blog being spammed?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 faigerayzel

faigerayzel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2007 - 11:19 AM

bs"d

Posts are appearing on my blog that say that they are authored by Robin (that's me) but it's really spam. It's not the comments that are spam. The posts themselves are spam with links on them that might be virus's or whatever.

#5 faigerayzel

faigerayzel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2007 - 11:26 AM

Hi, :thumbsup: to bleeping computer. if the blog is on your computer, I would suggest that you post a hijack this log. If the trojan keeps being posted on a server that you do not control, you should contact the administrator for that server .

Please check out the New user orientation center as well as the Tutorials.

Thanks. I'm not quite sure what you mean by posting hijack this log. The blog is through blogger. Does that mean that it resides on my computer or somewhere else. I use cablevision for internet access. Is that my server? I'm still new at this. I will visit the orientation center and tutorials. Thanks for your reply.

#6 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 12 July 2007 - 12:55 PM

I was trying to determine where the blog was kept. I got the answer. your blog is on blogspot.com, you have no control over that machine. your isp has nothing to do with the issue of the spammer. you just control the blog. right now you don't need the hijack this log.

Try this page, http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answ...&topic=8932 in the lower right there is a link Write Blogger support, Hopefully this will get you to admin of blogspot.com to help you solve this issue.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#7 faigerayzel

faigerayzel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:14 PM

bs"d

Thanks so much. It worries me that there might be a trojan on my computer. It's perhaps somewhat of a relief if its coming from blogspot but if that is the case, there is a serious lapse of security and privacy on blogspot that allowed someone to infiltrate my blog. This is what I sent to write blogger support just now. I sent them a message yesterday I believe, but they didn't respond.

A spammer is posting actually spamming on my blog (it's not me and I'm the only one authorized to post. Can YOU PLEASE HELP! I'm afraid of a trojan on my computer. I keep on deleting these illegal posts but so far there have been at least 2 or 3 a day for the past few days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users