Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Win.com Error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CowsCanBark

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:01:15 PM

Posted 11 July 2007 - 11:33 PM

Hi, my Gateway 2000 Solo Windows 98 laptop displays an error reading as follows:
"Cannot find WIN.COM, unable to continue loading windows

C:\> "

This error occurs after the first startup screen and after the Windows 98 logo with clouds in the background. I'm able to enter setup mode fine.

Any clue what might be the problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,163 posts
  • Local time:10:15 AM

Posted 11 July 2007 - 11:52 PM

Hi CowsCanBark and welcome to bleepingcomputer.com.

If you have the window CD you can reinstall that file, this Micorsoft article explains it fairly plainly.

Let us know how it works out.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users