Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Real Reality Tv

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 11 July 2007 - 10:24 PM

I like to Watch TV shows that teach me something. Here is what I am watching. what are you guys watching

Iceroad Truckers on The History Channel is an awesome show about the Ice Road up in Canada (or maybe i just like trucks)

Also I'm Currently watching "The Boy Who Sees Through Sound" on TLC about a teenage boy who has been Blind since the age of 3 but uses sonar to see (very inspirational)

Edited by BlackSpyder, 11 July 2007 - 10:28 PM.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2007 - 10:44 PM

Dont have cable, but have heard of the ice road and seen it on the History Channel its amazing!

#3 solaris32

solaris32

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 PM

Posted 11 July 2007 - 11:47 PM

I'm watching:

Stargate SG-1: about a group of adventurers who travel through an interstellar travel device called a "stargate".

Stargate Atlantis: spinoff of stargate sg-1 about a team of explorers in another galaxy of the same universe.

Hell's Kitchen: reality show where the famous chef Gordon Ramsey pits contestants through a series of challenges, the winner gets their own restaurant. Like survivor only not lame or stupid IMO.

Psych: about a guy who is hyper-sensitive to detail and sort of falls into the role of being a psychic. Only naturally he's not, and he has to constantly do hilarious antics to cover up his perception-based ability so everyone keeps thinking he's a psychic.

EDIT: Sorry the above shows aren't what you would call "teaching shows". As far as teaching shows go, I like to occasionally watch Dirty Jobs, and Myth Busters. I misinterpreted it as a general question of what shows your watching. Happy to edit if you like.

Edited by solaris32, 11 July 2007 - 11:49 PM.

When I'm asking for help, please explain, in detail, every step. Thank you :).
I have nightmares about computer glitches and bugs.

#4 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2007 - 12:09 AM

It's fine. At least they are real TV shows. I just get tired of watching those fake reality TV shows like "Who wants to marry a Farmer" (answer idiots and no one)

Posted Image

#5 Iodine

Iodine

• Members
  • 265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 AM

Posted 12 July 2007 - 12:28 AM

I too watched Ice Road Truckers, very good show and then I watched Man Versus Wild--the Australian Outback on the Discovery Channel
Tell me and I forget ;Show me and I may remember;involve me and I"ll understand.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,031 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 PM

Posted 12 July 2007 - 01:05 AM

What we call reality TV today bears little if any resemblance to the reality shows that started in the fifties and sixties. By definition reality shows are unscripted with ordinary people involved in documenting actual events. I can remember watching Mr. Wizard as a kid and Victory at Sea, these were what defined reality TV for me. We still have some very good reality TV programing, Nova, the History Channel, and The Science Channel are good examples. But shows that have become popular and are being included under the reality TV genre like Bog Brother, The Amazing Race, The Simple Life and shows of this ilk don't belong in the category...IMHO.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 PM

Posted 12 July 2007 - 02:39 AM

Talking about Real Reality Shows,we had a show on here,called Bush Tucker Man, which in my opinion was a must see if you venture into the harsh Aussie outback.An ex Army Major and outback survival expert,he showed in detail every facet of survival.
Any Show which offers financial rewards,is not a true Reality Show,IMHO.

Edited by DSTM, 12 July 2007 - 03:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users