Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Outlook

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 chuckeej

chuckeej

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 11 July 2007 - 08:27 PM

My OS: WinXP Home/AOL 9.0...I am trying to email pictures from My Pictures folder to a friend, but I am getting this msg: "Microsoft Outlook. Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client".
What can I do in this situation? I have no idea what mail client AOL uses. Thanks for any help.

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 11 July 2007 - 09:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 PM

Posted 11 July 2007 - 10:12 PM

Hi chuckeej,

This Micro$oft KB article should help; How to configure an AOL e-mail account in Outlook Express.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 chuckeej

chuckeej
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2007 - 08:51 PM

:thumbsup: thanks TMack...will try your suggestion. Your advice greatly appreciated.

#4 chuckeej

chuckeej
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:04 PM

:thumbsup: Is Microsoft Outlook 2000 Startup and setup program the same as MS Outlook Express? That's what I see on my pc and it offers a wizard to guide through the process of configuring it. Is this the same program to setup AOL e-mail as referred to in your linked article re MS Outlook Express? Thanks again.

#5 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2007 - 11:28 PM

My mistake chuckeej, I thought this was in reference to Outlook Express. :thumbsup:
They are two totally different programs.

Try this article: Use Outlook with AOL E-mail.
Chaos reigns within.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#6 chuckeej

chuckeej
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2007 - 12:19 AM

I'm having trouble with the Outlook website...says to "enable cookies". I have Mozilla Firefox installed, and I would like to enable it as my primary browser.
However. I don't know if AOL uses Internet Explorer?. How can I apply Firefox as my browser instead of Internet Explorer? I have "enabled cookies" in both the AOL browser (which I think is Internet Explorer???) and also enabled them in Firefox, but I still cannot get the Outlook website. Thanks again for your kind assistance.

#7 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2007 - 08:45 AM

To make Firefox your Default browser, when in Firefox go to Tools/ Options/ General/ Default browser/ place a check in the box to the left of "Firefox should check....." , then press Check Now, then Okay.

Use Internet Options in the Control Panel to "Set Program Access and Defaults".
In Internet Options make sure that the box does not have a check in the box for "IE should check to see whether it is the default browser".
Chaos reigns within.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users