Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Price Check

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TheComputerNoob

TheComputerNoob

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 11 July 2007 - 06:45 PM

Well , my computer right now sucks , as is. And I know that the following computer specs I will be showing is not great either, but can someone please tell me what they can be worth. These are used computer, coming from work, and these are going on auction/bid :

Firstly, the following are the specs on the PCs ( all have CDRoms, Floppy, Network Card, Video Card, Sound Card and Keyboard unless noted otherwise ) NO MICE AVAILABLE

The first one :

P3 1Ghz
384MB of RAM
40GB Hard Drive
17" Color Monitor

The Second one :

Celeron 1Ghz
128MB of RAM
40GB Hard Drive
17" Color Monitor

**I know they are not great, but im thinking that maybe I can just upgrade the Ghz and amount of RAM**

Post your thoughts ( Post if theres a no point of offering for it, reason? Post if I should buy it, reason? )

Hopefully, I can get a lot of comments during this time

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 11 July 2007 - 07:01 PM

Quick comments:

If you can get either for the same price, I'd go with the P3 and the 384 RAM, based on the little bit of info you've provided.

However -

What do you plan to do with the system?

What Operating system does it have?

You need to know more about those PCs - it is possible that both have the fastest CPU that they can handle, and it is also possible that their max RAM may not be enough for you, too.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users