Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A-square Disaster

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 4haydee

4haydee

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 AM

Posted 11 July 2007 - 06:24 PM

Hi

My computer suffered a disaster after downloading a-square.
My files and everything disapeared from my computer and I
had a blue screen.
My son took my computer to his home and did something to it
and brought it back with the desktop icons back but then I had to
reinstall Windows.
I found out the add/remove programs page was in blank. Most of my
files my son manage to bring the icons back were empty or couldn't be open because
they were not found, Some of them I tried to delete said to go to the
add/remove page which it is empty .
Where those files ( the ones that says to delete them from the add/remove page) are?
I ran "secunia" and it gave me four insecure installations that needed to be updated
since they are exposing the system to security threats.
I updated them but then I can't delete the old versions since the add/remove page
is empty from all the old installations.
Where can I find those files to delete them?
Thanks for your attention.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 16 July 2007 - 12:32 AM

What were the insecure installations that you updated? If you updated some programs then you probably don't need to delete the old versions as this would have been taken care of during the update.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 AM

Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:00 AM

Sounds like there's a bit of corruption in the OS - I'd suggest trying a repair install of XP to make things right again: http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users