Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Is It?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 11 July 2007 - 04:59 PM

One of the guys at the shop was cleaning out the warehouse and trowing boxes of stuff in the dumpster Well he brought this thing over to me and asked if I wanted it since he knew that I was "into" computers.

Heres what I know

Its a Tiex Daisy Booster, it has 2 ethernet ports in the front (one says SYNC the other says PORT) it has 3 LEDs on the Front (2 yellow, 1 red Sync Port and Power (red)) on the Decal on the back it says

LanOptics (Dallas TX)
Part #: T0DPPB03
Serial #: 710-002

and finally on the Circuit board it says
Top:

AS/3X Booster
Revision AX2

Bottom

August 05 1997 (Date of manufacture)

What is it?? (I'm guessing a very old Ethernet Signal Booster) I Googled it and searched Wikipedia for it but got nowhere.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 11 July 2007 - 05:25 PM

Wow! almost as old as I am the sync uses ethernet to plug into a hub (I have never tried it on a switch) the other that says PORT can be used to uplink to another hub or for an additional 120 foot ethernet cable direct to a computer. I used to use those for long cable runs in old wooden army buildings. we used to call them ethernet amps if i remember correctly, only 10BaseT worked through it.

E bay It. there is still a market for them.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users