Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Connect To Internent

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ivorykey

ivorykey

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 11 July 2007 - 11:51 AM

Hello.

My computer will not connect to the internet. :thumbsup: I start internet explorer (or firefox) and it says "opening google.com" which is my homepage. However, it never opens. (This happens for every web page, not just google.)

This started last night, after changing my windows "user name" and my computer name. I saved a reference point for my registry after I changed my user name (I did this in the registry). However, I can't import this saved registry, probably 1) because I don't know what I'm doing and 2) I get an error message that says some part of it is being used by a person or process.

Everything else on my computer is working great. This is the only thing that's wrong.

Is there any way I can fix my internet connection without doing anything major in the registry? Does anyone know what is wrong, and can anyone help?

Thank you so much.

-Ivorykey

PS: Could an anti-spyware program be preventing me from accessing the internet?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 11 July 2007 - 02:01 PM

Hi ivorykey,

If you are getting this message in Firefox:

I get an error message that says some part of it is being used by a person or process.

Follow the instructions in the MozillaZine Article; Profile in Use.

For information on how to restore the Registry, have a look at the Tutorial; Demystifying the Windows Registry.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users