Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista 32 Bit Home Premium Problems

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Delsana

Delsana

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 11 July 2007 - 09:24 AM

It seems any of the games that Vista is supposed to be able to use such as Battlefield 2142 and Command and Conquer 3 give me an error code bsod x0_000000e3 and then restart the computer. Normally I'd try again but it's not just B2142 now it's C&C3 which is a problem for a gamer like me.

First off what I do is I put the cd/dvd into the drive and then wait for the autorun to come up and click it, usually it takes 2 minutes (means it will BSOD) for them and 3 seconds to autorun anything that isn't going to BSOD.

I'll post my specs in a minute.

Motherboard: M2N-SLIDELUXE nForce 570-SLI
Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium (6.0, Build 6000)
BIOS: Phoenix -AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS (640 MB)
Monitor: Acer X192W
Input: Logitech MX1000
Sound: XtremeGamer Sound Blaster (Creative SB X- Fi)
Hard Drive: 62GB used, 422GB available.
Paging File: 987MB used, 3320MB available.

I had heard that the problem could be the motherboard but since I just built this gaming rig I'd rather use the motherboard without having to replace it if I can somehow fix the problems.
DirectX Version: DirectX 10

Edited by Delsana, 11 July 2007 - 09:31 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:20 AM

Most BSOD's (IME) come from faulty drivers - try updating those first (most suspect would be the motherboard/chipset drivers). Make sure that all your drivers are Vista compatible also.

The error has to do with accesses of the NTFS file system not being done properly - since it primarily comes from your CD-ROM drive you might also want to uninstall your CD-ROM from Device Manager and let Windows re-detect it once you've updated the drivers.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Delsana

Delsana
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2007 - 12:12 PM

All drivers are recent but I'll try the disk drive one.

#4 Delsana

Delsana
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2007 - 01:19 PM

That didn't seem to do anything, the motherboard and all that has the most recent drivers and is compatible.

Only thing I can think of is the fact that the M2N-SLIDELUXE though compatible with vista seems to be disliked by most people because it was rushed out, unfortunately getting a new motherboard isn't in the budget right now.

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2007 - 05:22 AM

Try these chipset drivers from nVidia: http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_570a_s...ta32_15.00.html
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 Delsana

Delsana
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2007 - 11:46 AM

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...&CatId=2322

I bought a new board.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users