Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anti-virus Firewall Spyware Recommendations

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 raidencmc

raidencmc

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 11 July 2007 - 06:51 AM

I am running vista and end up with a virus or some sort of corruption. I had Macfee suite which could not detect it. So I gave up and installed a clean copy of windows. I was wondering if anyone had any recomendations for protection. I use Zone alarm on another PC and like it. Should I just use what comes with windows or seek out other software. I don't mind paying as long as it is worth it, but prefer free.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Roadblock

Roadblock

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 11 July 2007 - 01:46 PM

Well if your willing to pay for an Antivirus... I find NOD32 to be the best out there.. It's not a memory hog and is simply amazing :flowers:.. so many features..
For firewalls COMODO firewall Pro. which is free.. is the best on the market right now for free firewalls... Only Con I give it is that i didn't install it fast enough :thumbsup:
I'm not too sure if COMODO is compatible with vista though, but its worth a try.

Edited by Roadblock, 11 July 2007 - 01:49 PM.

#3 raidencmc

raidencmc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2007 - 09:38 PM

Well if your willing to pay for an Antivirus... I find NOD32 to be the best out there.. It's not a memory hog and is simply amazing :flowers:.. so many features..
For firewalls COMODO firewall Pro. which is free.. is the best on the market right now for free firewalls... Only Con I give it is that i didn't install it fast enough :thumbsup:
I'm not too sure if COMODO is compatible with vista though, but its worth a try.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on these programs???????????

#4 Maabsta

Maabsta

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2007 - 10:49 AM

This is currently what I use on my computer for security: AVG for my anti-virus, Comodo for my firewall, Ad-Aware 2007 and Spybot for my anti-spyware, a-squared for my anti-trojan and SpywareGuard and SpywareBlaster for my real time spyware protection. All of these programs are free and can be found around the site. I have yet to have a problem that I cannot solve using these programs.

#5 The Gorilla

The Gorilla

• Members
  • 766 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 21 July 2007 - 08:17 AM

I use NOD 32 as already stated it is fast and light, couple this with AVG anti spy, Comodo and Opera web browser I have no problems.

The majority are compatable with Vista although I think Comodo are working on this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users