Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bounced E-mail

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KMCCAIN

KMCCAIN

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:44 PM

I am having several e-mail newsletter types of mail getting bounced, not consistently. They are things like a sensory integration group (yahoo) or a local "freecycle" listing, sometimes even "Ask the Computer Lady". I use Outlook Express, Windows XP Home, AVG, Spyware Blaster, AdAwareSE, Spybot & Destroy & Spyware Guard. Is there something I need to change on my security?

Thanks,
Karen M

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:54 PM

If there were some consistency in the bouncing, or if you could detect a pattern, then we might be able to advise you with better results. Since this problem seems to be 'off and on' it probably has nothing to do with your computer settings, but to the vagaries of group E-mails and your E-mail provider.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 PM

Posted 13 July 2007 - 02:55 PM

Are the newsletters in question ones that you send or ones that you receive? If the latter, I suspect that it is the server's spam filter that is bouncing them. I've had that happen to me a few times.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users