Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Driver For Souncard Disappeared!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 annabackwards

annabackwards

• Members
  • 1,381 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 PM

Posted 10 July 2007 - 06:58 PM

For some reason, the soundcard that i know is installed on my computer has gone missing!!!
It does not appear on device manager, and there is no sound on the computer now!!!!

I also lost the installation CD, and i cant remember what the model is.

Is there a way to detect it?

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:
Posted Image

Surf smarter, surf faster, surf safer, surf with Mozilla Firefox

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NitsujX

NitsujX

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 AM

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:02 PM

If it's not being detected at all, it's probably because of your PSU. Did you connect any new hardware before this happened?
Mine frequently has a spike and I have to reinstall the sound drivers, but it always detects the device...
The simplist solution I can think of is try switching PCI Slots if you have any free.

#3 xx.jenni

xx.jenni

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:05 PM

Hey Anna, thanks for posting my problem on this site. Thanks! :flowers:

But i made an account now, so its cool. In the future i will post messages!!! :thumbsup:

Other info that might be useful:
Computer runs on Windows XP Sp2
The sound card disappeared right after i formatted the computer.
It might have been caused by a trojan, because i had heaps on the computer and that was the reason why i formatted it in
the first place.

I can't think of anything else thats important right now!!

Thanks for trying to help me in advance!! :trumpet:

#4 NitsujX

NitsujX

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:15 PM

Hey Anna, thanks for posting my problem on this site. Thanks! :flowers:

But i made an account now, so its cool. In the future i will post messages!!! :thumbsup:

Other info that might be useful:
Computer runs on Windows XP Sp2
The sound card disappeared right after i formatted the computer.
It might have been caused by a trojan, because i had heaps on the computer and that was the reason why i formatted it in
the first place.

I can't think of anything else thats important right now!!

Thanks for trying to help me in advance!! :trumpet:

Did you try putting the sound card in a different PCI Slot?
And of course you're not gonna' have the drivers for it after reformatting. You should create backup discs...
It should detect the device though...If it came with the computer, go to the manufacture's website, enter in your model number, and download your drivers to get them back...If not, while putting it in a different PCI Slot, just look at the company's name that made it and try downloading different drivers from that manufacturer until you get it...That's what I do sometimes. XD

#5 xx.jenni

xx.jenni

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:19 PM

Thanks for your help!!

You gave a full proof answer!! Thanks heaps!!! :flowers:

Now i will have sound on my computer again. I will be more cautious next time and will create backups of all my installtion files.

Thank you again :thumbsup:

#6 NitsujX

NitsujX

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:20 PM

No problem at all, glad I could help.

#7 dfence

dfence

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:34 PM

as an FYI, if you have a Creative soundcard, their website has an "Auto detect / update" feature that gets the ID of your card from your card NOT from your PC device listings. It's a foolproof way of ID'ing your associated drivers, and the process lists them all for you including any useful associated software enhancements.

Not sure if it will work with a card that's not detected by your PC, but i offer this as an FYI anyways
I'm not as think as you drunk I am

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users