Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sporder.dll Missing

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 doresy

doresy

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 10 July 2007 - 04:29 PM

Hello :flowers: , I am new to this forum but do know a bit about computers.

I am on Windows XP Home with McAffee security.

I have been set up for years but for no reason I can think of I have started having this problem.....

When my laptop loads up it stops with a window (msk detector) saying "sporder.dll file missing" "Reload McAffee application"

This I did but still it happens.

I did a bit of detective work and now have found a temporary solution....this

I found sporder.dll on my PC and copied it on a usb key. I then copied that file on my laptop desktop. When I now start up my laptop and the fault occurs I do this.....>start>my computer>local disk(C:)>windows>system32.......then I copy and paste the sporder.dll file to system32 from my desktop and restart my computer and all is then well.

The next day the sporder.dll file is missing again and I have to do it all again. Why doesn't it stay in the system 32 file?

Please help if you can :inlove: :cool: :thumbsup: :) :P :) :)

Ok...should have looked first....found the answers on this forum.....sorry :trumpet:

Edited by doresy, 10 July 2007 - 04:43 PM.

Windows XP Home....Netgear DG834G wireless modem/router....ISP- AOL.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:08 PM

Ok...should have looked first....found the answers on this forum.....sorry

Glad to hear all is well now :thumbsup: Mind posting what you found so other having the problem might find it here as well?

Edited by rigel, 10 July 2007 - 07:08 PM.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#3 doresy

doresy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2007 - 05:38 PM

Ok...should have looked first....found the answers on this forum.....sorry

Glad to hear all is well now :thumbsup: Mind posting what you found so other having the problem might find it here as well?

ThWindows XP SP2
To resolve this problem if you are running Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2), follow these steps:1. Rebuild the Winsock LSP chain. To do this, follow these steps:a. Log on to the Microsoft Windows XP workstation as an administrator.
b. Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
c. At the command prompt, type the following, and then press ENTER:
netsh Winsock reset
When the program is finished, you will receive the following message:
Successfully reset the Winsock Catalog. You must restart the machine in order to complete the reset.
If you receive this message, go to step 1d.

If you are not logged in as an administrator, you will receive the following error message:
Unable to reset the Winsock Catalog. Access is denied.
If you receive this message, log off the computer, and then log back on by using an account with Administrator access. Typically, the first user account that was created has Administrator access. Then, repeat steps 1b and 1c.
d. Restart your computer.

2. Test each of your third-party programs that are known to use LSPs.
3. Reinstall any malfunctioning third-party programs that are known to use LSPs.
ank you......I followed this from the Micrsoft site

#4 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 11 July 2007 - 08:02 PM

Are you using McAfee Virus protection by chance?
or
Have you used AOL Antispyware?

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#5 doresy

doresy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2007 - 05:35 PM

Ok, so I had this Sporder.dll missing file which seems quite common.

As I understand it anti spyware seems to delete it.

I have followed the fix where I downloaded a Sporder.dll file and saved it on my desktop. Then copied it to C: drive/Windows/System32.

All then is ok on restart but it has gone again the next day when I try to start-up. I then have to do it all again! :thumbsup:

Can someone please tell me why that file dissappears after a day???

:flowers: oooops, posted in wrong forum again........bleeping noob!

Moderator Edit: Merged this post to keep all information together and be less confusing for everyone. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 12 July 2007 - 06:51 PM.

#6 doresy

doresy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2007 - 05:46 PM

Are you using McAfee Virus protection by chance?
or
Have you used AOL Antispyware?

Yes and yes

#7 doresy

doresy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2007 - 04:33 PM

Ok, so a bit of self help with a bit of help from this forum......sort of!

This 'Sporder.dll' file missing can be fixed by downloading the sporder.dll file then placing it in C:drive/windows/system32

Ok so far but.....if you are on AOL I believe that AOL's Spyware Protection knocks it off again.....really!

I was asked if I was on AOL when I posted for help on this subject earlier but got no real reply when I said I was. I sort of guessed that the member who asked about the AOL thing knew something.

So here it is.....You switch on your pc/ laptop and half way through starting up it stops with a window saying 'Sporder.dll file missing.' Download the file from Google and place it in C:/windows/system32. IF you are on AOL then disable AOL's Spyware Protection (you got other protection against spyware....right?) I reckon that AOL's spyware protectection knocks sporder off again 'cos tonight, after installing sporder last night then disabling AOL's spyware protection, I switched on tonight and all was ok :trumpet: :inlove: .............. :cool:

Just wanted to share :flowers:

Oh, and if you are NOT on AOL and have the same problem......your on you own friend! :thumbsup:

Moderator Edit: Merged this separate resolution post with the original thread to keep it all together. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 13 July 2007 - 05:43 PM.

#8 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 PM

Posted 13 July 2007 - 06:08 PM

Thanks for the information, doresy.
There have been more Sporder.dll problems, lately, than what is usual.
The 2 programs that rigel asked you about, are the ones being considered, for causing the Sporder.dll problems.
In your case, it looks like AOL was the culprit.

A while back, AVG Antivirus was reporting the Sporder.dll as a false positive, and removing it, causing the same problems you were experiencing.
It appears, this might be the same type of situation, but with AOL antispyware this time.

Have you contacted AOL, to see what they have to say about it?

Edited by tg1911, 13 July 2007 - 06:09 PM.

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#9 doresy

doresy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2007 - 06:32 PM

Thanks for the information, doresy.
There have been more Sporder.dll problems, lately, than what is usual.
The 2 programs that rigel asked you about, are the ones being considered, for causing the Sporder.dll problems.
In your case, it looks like AOL was the culprit.

A while back, AVG Antivirus was reporting the Sporder.dll as a false positive, and removing it, causing the same problems you were experiencing.
It appears, this might be the same type of situation, but with AOL antispyware this time.

Have you contacted AOL, to see what they have to say about it?

good point, will leave it for a few days to make sure it's fixed then contact AOL for their comments and post back :thumbsup:

#10 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 PM

Posted 13 July 2007 - 06:51 PM

Thanks, doresy.
Any information, would be appreciated.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users