Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Address Box In Ie 6

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 KAPE

KAPE

• Security Colleague
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 10 July 2007 - 04:15 PM

After cleaning address box in IE6 (cleaning history and also in register by Typed URL's), there is always a rest of info in the address box. When I type an A in the adress box I get a list of links from programs like Acrobat Reader.lnk, AdAware.lnk ... all programs starting with an A. Also for others from B till Z this happens. Even the maps from the "Favourites" of IE are displayed when typing in A till Z in the address box. Does anyone know how this happens ... and how you can delete this or make it not happen ?

Thanks for any suggestion.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 10 July 2007 - 04:59 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer KAPE. :thumbsup:

In Internet Explorer, go to Tools/ Internet Options/ Content tab, then under Personal information, click Auto Complete.
Uncheck Web Address then hit Okay.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 KAPE

KAPE
  • Topic Starter

• Security Colleague
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2007 - 12:54 AM

Thanks TMacK for your welcome.

Your suggestion is working for all the URL-addresses, but that isn't the problem. The "things" that appear in the address box have no www.andsoon.com-form. It are the names of my maps of "Favourites" f.e. "Software", "Hardware" ... + all the names of programs on my desktop. These names are listed in the form AdAware.lnk, Acrobat Reader.lnk ... (always program-name + extension .lnk). This information should be stored somewhere, but where and why IE 6 get's it into the address box.

Sorry if my English isn't always correct, it isn't my native language in Belgium.

So, any other suggestions ?

#4 twardnw

twardnw

• Members
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:58 AM

Those items are automatically filled in from your favorites folder.

#5 KAPE

KAPE
  • Topic Starter

• Security Colleague
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2007 - 11:31 AM

Do you think that there is any possibility to stop this or to delete this input ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users