Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Music On Itunes Keeps Disappearing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 woodman

woodman

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 10 July 2007 - 03:50 PM

Hi

I hope you can help me. I am using itunes 7 and everytime I open itunes, my music has gone. I backed up most of my tracks thankfully and re-installed the music but when I open itunes tonight it had gone again. This is getting really frustrating and I am reluctant to install my music again until I solve this problem.

Many thanks in advance

Woody

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sp0nge

Sp0nge

• Members
  • 643 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2007 - 07:17 AM

Are you running a Mac OS, and do you have UNO installed?

Edited by sp0nge, 11 July 2007 - 07:18 AM.

#3 woodman

woodman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2007 - 02:50 PM

Hi and trhanks for your reply.

I am running Windows XP and what is UNO installed?

Do you know of a programme that I can copy music from my Ipod back into Itunes.

Cheers

Paul

#4 dfence

dfence

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 12 July 2007 - 04:43 PM

Paul to gain access to your iPod files go to control panel / folder options. select the "view" tab and check the box that says "show hidden files or folders". connect your ipod and if itunes opens automatically close it down, then go to My Computer, right click your iPod and choose "explore", then it's simply a matter of copying and pasting out your music.

as for your missing music issue open iTunes and go to the edit tab, select preferences, go to the advance tab and make sure you have the correct folder location in the box under the general tab. DO NOT EVER DELETE THE FOLDER iTunes Music that rests inside your My Music Folder in your My Documents folder, this folder contains library files for iTunes and may be causing you issues.

check these steps out first, there is more that can be done but we shall take this one step at a time, also please go to the iTunes web site support section and try searching for your issue there. It's a large database and can be a little trying, but if you have no luck i will still do my best to help you out here

good luck ! ;)
I'm not as think as you drunk I am

#5 woodman

woodman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2007 - 09:32 AM

Hi and thanks for your help.

For some reasons all my music had gone but I also have been given some software by a friend that enables you to transfer music easily from your ipod to this programme and then back on to itunes. I had as you said been on to itunes support and they said that I should iport the xml file from my music in to itunes but that still did not work.

Anyway all is well but still unsure why it went in the first place.

Cheers

Woody

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users