Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Software Problem. Cannot Reinstall Printartist 4.0 Platinum

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dulcim

dulcim

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 AM

Posted 10 July 2007 - 03:40 PM

I cannot reinstall my registered PrintArtist 4.0 Platinum software. There are 4 CD roms with this application, the first contains the set-up part of the software package. When I attempt to install the application, I get an Error message "Integer divided by zero " . I have no idea what the error means or how to resolve it. I ran Print Artist 4.0 for years without any problems, and loved it. I am sorry I uninstalled it because it sometimes the printing was slightly off kilter, and the images would be too far down the page. I have previously uninstalled and then reinstalled PA 4.0 Platinum without any problems and no error messages. I have no idea why this time the installation failed.

My operating system is Win 98SE, I connect to the Internet by 56k dialup, my browser is Firefox 2, and use Eudora for e-mail.

TIA for your advice.

--
dulcim

MOD EDIT: Moved to more appropriate forum ~ stevealmighty

Edited by stevealmighty, 10 July 2007 - 11:22 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 AM

Posted 11 July 2007 - 12:48 PM

Most of the relevant info I've found seems to point to memory problems. You could try running Memtest and see what it tells you. Also, how big is you hard drive and how much free space is on it?
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 dulcim

dulcim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2007 - 03:42 PM

Hi Mark-

Wow was I shocked when I checked my hard drive so I could answer your questions.
I did not realize how much memory I used. To answer your question:
Size of Hard Drive: 14.2GB
Amt. used: 13.5GB
amt. left: 813 MB

I am going to get rid of a lot of things I no longer need, mostly copies of music I have already burned.

I'll post how things turn out when I am through cleaning up.

Thanks for the info.

--
dulcim

#4 dulcim

dulcim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2007 - 02:17 AM

hi mark---looks like i won't be checking out your advice for a while to run a memory check. on fri. 13th i had a nasty fall, broke my shoulder - half my face is still purplish, and i have to wear a sling on my left arm 24/7. i was not able to answer until today. due to my lousy physical condition--and i am sorry if i appeared disinterested in your advice.

--
deet

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 AM

Posted 24 July 2007 - 07:51 AM

Responses aren't exactly necessary but greatly appreciated. to know if the problems has been solved. Very sorry to hear about your accident. Hope all ends well and you heal quickly
Mark

Just a thought, after you get rid of about 2 gigs be sure to defrag the drive

Edited by garmanma, 24 July 2007 - 08:07 AM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users