Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Startup Error

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 princesseyes2000

princesseyes2000

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 AM

Posted 10 July 2007 - 02:57 PM

After getting off of the internet my computer shut down by itself, I restarted it and the Windows Vista Startup Repair came up. I ran it and checked the details and it had this listed as a problem, "Unknown Bugcheck: Bugcheck dl. Parameters = 0x9897, 0x2, 0x8, 0x9897". I started it in safemode and ran a virus check but a black screen with an error message came up, I didn't get the whole message because it went away to quickly but what I got was something about unverified file was not digitally signed and it could be the cause of malware or a virus". I do not have a Windows Vista install cd, so I can't use that. Also, after trying to restart it, the computer made beeping noises but it wouldn't start. I really hope you can help me as it is a brand new computer. Thank you for your help.

EDIT: I got the black error message screen again, here is the message. " A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. If you have a windows installation disc, insert the disc and restart your computer. Click repair your computer, and then choose a recovery tool. Otherwise, to start windows so you can investigate further, press the enter key to display the boot menu, press F8 for Advanced Boot Options and select last known good. Status: 0xc0000428, Info: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file.

EDIT: I got the problem fixed so feel free to close this thread. :huh:

Edited by princesseyes2000, 11 July 2007 - 05:50 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users