Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Today's Windows Updates For Xp

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,619 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 10 July 2007 - 02:30 PM

I am being offered both of the high priority downloads listed below for my XP2.
Does everyone have both versions of Microsoft. NET Framework on their computers?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1 (KB928366)
Download size: 8.8 MB , 2 minutes
A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system running the Microsoft .NET Framework and gain complete control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Details...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 2.0 (KB928365)
Download size: 14.7 MB , 3 minutes
A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system running the Microsoft .NET Framework and gain complete control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Details...
Don't show this update again

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 AM

Posted 10 July 2007 - 02:31 PM

I only have 2.0 here at work.

#3 newchap

newchap

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 AM

Posted 10 July 2007 - 05:24 PM

This update is in my tray!But every time i tries to download it the update fails.I'm running Winxp home sp2.It's also in my add & remove.What is this! :thumbsup:

#4 newchap

newchap

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2007 - 04:53 AM

Should this be deleted from add & remove?This fails to install on my 2 Dells. :thumbsup: This is the 1.1 version.

#5 Dennis H

Dennis H

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 11 July 2007 - 05:16 AM

Does everyone have both versions of Microsoft. NET Framework on their computers?

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1 (KB928366)

#6 buddy215

buddy215
  • Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 12,619 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Thanks for the response Jwinathome.
After looking at some info on Google, it is OK to have both so I allowed the security downloads.
Install went OK.

To newchap---There was a considerable lag between notice of starting install and the bar showing installation progress starting.
During the lag my HDD light was showing constant activity. You may have interrupted the install thinking it wasn't happening.
Or there may be another reason. Suggest you uninstall and try again or contact Microsoft. You could also start another topic.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#7 Dennis H

Dennis H

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  

#8 Dennis H

Dennis H

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2007 - 05:21 AM

QUOTE(buddy215 @ Jul 10 2007, 03:30 PM)

I just downloaded the updates. I don't know if I have both versions but I downloaded both updates anyway. :thumbsup:

Dennis :flowers:

#9 newchap

newchap

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2007 - 05:27 AM

Yes because when i tries to shut down it tries to finish installing before shut down.It tells me not to unplug or shut down, windows will shut down by itself.Would it be safe to delete this and try to reinstall?Sorry I've never dealt with this before. :thumbsup:

#10 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 PM

Posted 11 July 2007 - 07:50 AM

Most PCs will have Vs 1.1 plus a Hotfix, and Vs 2 installed. Vista users should also have Vs 3.

NEWCHAP. Sometimes these updates seem to take forever to install, so as you are having trouble I would be inclined to delete them from ADD/REMOVE and then go to MS Updates and try again. Just be patient and don't try to rush them.

If you continue to have a problem, MS offers free help for updates for XP2.

Good luck.

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users