Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Easycleaner Deleted Important Files

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hpmad

hpmad

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 10 July 2007 - 11:11 AM

I used this program called EasyCleaner and I deleted "unnecessary files". Turns out, I think I deleted some really needed files; something in the folder MSO-CACHE or something. I tried system restore, it didn't work. I tried to restore to an earlier time, it wouldn't let me click next! I also deleted some "invalid" registry entries and it might have screwed my computer up even more.

I lost all my firefox bookmarks. My firewall sometimes stops working. Some of my programs can't open. My computer is lagging soooo much. I have a log of deleted registry entries, I think. The program allows you to "undo" them, but because I deleted those "unnecessary files", I think it won't allow me to undo the changes. I would add them back in manually, but that would take forever and I would only do it if it was the last thing left to try.

My CD-ROM drive doesn't work, and I was supposed to write something itno a CD really soon. this is horrible *sobs*

Anyone know how I can fix this =( If not, I'll have to go to GeekSquad or something haha (but I'll have to pay money -_-)

another option may be to reisntall all my programs but ugggggggggh....... any help? i practically live on my computer.

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 11 July 2007 - 03:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2007 - 11:22 AM

Now you know why people warn about using registry cleaners and to backup important items. Does the program itself have a backup file setting or restore feature of any kind so you can undo what you've done?
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 hpmad

hpmad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2007 - 10:46 PM

Well, there's an undo feature for the registry, but unfortunately, it wouldn't save the changes when I restarted the computer. This stinks heh. I think I'll do backup my files and do a recovery, then I guess, but I'll wait a few days in case there's a solution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users