Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Help! Bsod

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 mike0536

mike0536

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:54 AM

HELLO GUYS AND GALS. I JUST RECENTLY STARTED HAVING THIS IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL STOP: 0x0000000A (0x0A08003D, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804E7848) PROBLEM AND IT DOESN'T LET ME LOG IN. ALL IT SHOWS IS THE BLACK BACKGROUND WINDOWS LOADING SCREEN THEN THE BLUE SCREEN WITH THE ERROR MESSAGE. AFTER THE BLUE SCREEN COMES THE RESTART. I DON'T KNOW WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM EXCEPT.. SYSTEM MECHANIC 7.0 IS WHAT I LAST INSTALLED. IT DOESN'T EVEN LET ME GO BACK TO MY LAST GOOD KNOWN CONFIGURATION. I'M STUCK.

THIS IS WHAT I GET:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

STOP: 0x0000000A (0x0A08003D, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804E7848)

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!

THANK YOU.

MOD EDIT: Added topic title description (BSOD) ~ stevealmighty

Edited by stevealmighty, 10 July 2007 - 08:59 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 PM

Posted 10 July 2007 - 11:01 AM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer mike0536.

Try removing or disabling any third party software that you have recently installed.
Then restart the computer to see whether that software is causing the error.

*Please note that posting in large caps is considered yelling.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 11 July 2007 - 05:52 AM

Link to error message description: http://aumha.org/a/stop.php#0x0a

How to troubleshoot it: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314063
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 mike0536

mike0536
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2007 - 02:45 PM

Thank You. Oops sorry about the caps. The problem is, how do i remove programs if i can't get to the desk top of my computer?

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2007 - 03:19 PM

Can you get to safemode by tapping the F8 key, after you hear the post beep?
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#6 mike0536

mike0536
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2007 - 09:21 AM

no i can't

#7 arcman

arcman

• Members
  • 706 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2007 - 10:05 AM

Try pressing F8 as the computer is booting, and once the menu appears select "Last Known Good Configuration"

If that doesn't take, see if you can do a system restore from the command prompt. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304449/

If neither of those work, you may need to do a full Windows repair installation, or it could be a hardware problem.
Are there any files listed as having trouble on the BSOD? Anything that ends in .sys or .dll?
Posted Image

#8 mike0536

mike0536
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2007 - 10:07 AM

let me check right now. nope it doesn't

Edited by mike0536, 18 July 2007 - 10:15 AM.

#9 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2007 - 11:32 AM

What is the make and model of the PC and can you get into the BIOS?
Mark
Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#10 mike0536

mike0536
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2007 - 11:42 AM

yup.i can get into the bios. its a hp pavillion dv4000

Edited by mike0536, 18 July 2007 - 11:47 AM.

#11 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2007 - 12:00 PM

You might need to do a recovery install, hopefully you still have the HP recovery disks. If you have files that you want to save, you can boot with the BART CDto find and copy files.
HP recovery Different model - same process
Mark
Mark
Posted Image

#12 mike0536

mike0536
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2007 - 12:03 PM

i have another question. how do i make the bootable cd. ive been having problems making one

#13 arcman

arcman

• Members
  • 706 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2007 - 12:21 PM

You might need to do a recovery install, hopefully you still have the HP recovery disks. If you have files that you want to save, you can boot with the BART CDto find and copy files.
HP recovery Different model - same process
Mark

This is probably your best option right here, mike.
If you go with the standard recovery process (not the destructive one) it should repair Windows and remove all but the programs the PC originally shipped with, and it should leave the data you have saved in your My Documents folder.

i have another question. how do i make the bootable cd. ive been having problems making one

To make a custom one you need to have a CD burning program like Nero that will create bootable CDs, and then you have to have a proper boot sector image file to actually make the project bootable.

I would recommend just getting a pre-made one like the Ultimate Boot CD. http://www.ultimatebootcd.com
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users