Humm, a couple of things you can try or think about:
1) has she accidently knocked the laptop screen?
2) Does the problem occur when either (i) its plugged into the mains electricity or (ii) running off the battery?
3) Are there any strange markings on the screen such as dead pixels, missing text lines?
4) Does the laptop have the correct graphics driver installed?
5) Does the problem occur when using a particular program or just in general?
6) How long does it take before the screen is completely black/blank?
Hope that helps......
Edited by FireKracker, 10 July 2007 - 07:29 AM.