Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Black Screen Upon Startup

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 anderson8605

anderson8605

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 09 July 2007 - 04:22 PM

having trouble starting windows xp home on a dell 4700... i was half done with the new user virus removal process when i restarted the computer and it wont boot i tried booting from the xp cd and it says keyboard failureim at a stand still cuz all of my recordings and completed songs will be lost if this cant be fixed... some please save my lifes work!!!!!
Writing Life One Lyric At A Time
Come See Me!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 AM

Posted 09 July 2007 - 04:39 PM

remove the keyboard, and plug it in again, then see if you can start the computer in safe mode.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#3 anderson8605

anderson8605
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2007 - 04:58 PM

yea i tried that when i first got the error message.... when i press F2 it says entering setup it doesnt do anything so i restart the computer and press F12 to get to the boot menu and it says keyboard failure if im lucky or it just goes to the black screen.... it just booted after i left it off but what could be the problem because now im scared to shut it down or restart in fear of it happening again
Come See Me!

#4 MadDawg

MadDawg

• Members
  • 453 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 09 July 2007 - 06:24 PM

Check if your scroll lock is on. If it is turn it off. That may be what's causing the problem.
A penguin broke my windows with a half-eaten apple!

#5 anderson8605

anderson8605
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:28 PM

everything is working fine thanx guys i almost lost it here... mad dawg where did u get that animation i like that or did u do it yourself?
Come See Me!

#6 MadDawg

MadDawg

• Members
  • 453 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 10 July 2007 - 12:45 PM

Thanks, I got it off of my friend's myspace. I had to resize it, because it violates the rules. I think I might have broken it while I was resizing it. I'll fix it later, I'm too lazy right now.
A penguin broke my windows with a half-eaten apple!

#7 anderson8605

anderson8605
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2007 - 04:35 PM

hey i found out what was goin on with my startup for some reason when i plug the printer into the usb on the back it causes my system to stall at the black screen on startup so when i unplugged it the computer booted up what do you think could be causing it i mean i've never had that problem before
Come See Me!

#8 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 AM

Posted 11 July 2007 - 05:13 PM

Check Dells support and help, by Service tag number for bios updates to your machine. Make sure that the would apply to your machine, also check for driver updates to your chipset/usb, again by service tag number.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users