Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird Spike Every 2mins While Ingame

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jkappi

jkappi

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 PM

Posted 09 July 2007 - 07:22 AM

I got a problem with half life mod natural selection.Didn't have this earlier and got no clue when/why it started to appear.
In general the problem is that the game's fps drops like every 2minutes from my constant 75sh to 10-30 for 2-10 seconds.Not affected by the graphics running on the screen because it happens when theres lots of graphics or when theres very little.When this happens the system processes shows that the process System is eating up 20-40% of the laptop.
(removing ati poller processes removed the famous lag/mouse problem but didn't help with this)
I've updated all drivers and tryed several graphic card drivers.Done virus and spyware scans on several programs.My laptop doesn't seem to heat up.Tested few different mouses.Unstalled/installed windows/steam/naturalselection.shut down almost all processes while playing.
none helped :<

here's comp info

specs
hijack

I'm clueless :thumbsup:

Edited by jkappi, 09 July 2007 - 07:24 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 PM

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:45 AM

Maybe there is some random program that keeps spiking the CPU usage, it's happened to me.

Try to minimize the game by pressing ALT+Tab when you notice the spikes and then bring up the task manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL), click on the processes tab and then there will be a bunch of columns, click on the CPU column twice to set it to bring the programs with the highest CPU usage on top (System Idle Process should always be at 99%). You should then be able to see any program that spikes your CPU usage and lags the game.

#3 jkappi

jkappi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:51 AM

Maybe there is some random program that keeps spiking the CPU usage, it's happened to me.

Try to minimize the game by pressing ALT+Tab when you notice the spikes and then bring up the task manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL), click on the processes tab and then there will be a bunch of columns, click on the CPU column twice to set it to bring the programs with the highest CPU usage on top (System Idle Process should always be at 99%). You should then be able to see any program that spikes your CPU usage and lags the game.

I tried to say it in above.finnish windows so translations are like gnaa. It's the "System" process that spikes up to 20-40% of cpu usage during the spike.Only the cpu usage of the "System" jumps the memory usage of "System" stays unchanged during the spike.

#4 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 PM

Posted 09 July 2007 - 05:18 PM

Okay, try typing the name of that process into a Google search and see what comes up. Doing a Google search of the process name (ex- firefox.exe) can bring up results to websites that can tell you if it's a bad program or not.

#5 jkappi

jkappi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2007 - 06:13 AM

solved :flowers:
removed virtual drives and removed one faulty usb port.

ty :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users