Jump to content
Posted 09 July 2007 - 06:33 AM
Posted 09 July 2007 - 06:57 AM
Posted 09 July 2007 - 07:07 AM
How to create a password reset disk
Note that this procedure requires one blank, formatted floppy disk.
To create a password reset disk for your local user account, follow these steps:
1. Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE. The Windows Security dialog box appears.
2. Click Change Password. The Change Password dialog box appears.
3. In the Log on to box, click the local computer--for example, click Computer (this computer).
4. Click Backup. The Forgotten Password Wizard starts.
5. On the Welcome to the Forgotten Password Wizard page, click Next.
6. Insert a blank, formatted disk in drive A, and then click Next.
7. In the Current user account password box, type your password, and then click Next. The Forgotten Password Wizard creates the disk.
8. When the progress bar reaches 100 percent complete, click Next, and then click Finish. The Forgotten Password Wizard quits and you return to the Change Password dialog box.
9. Remove and then label the password reset disk. Store the disk in a safe place.
10. In the Change Password dialog box, click Cancel.
11. In the Windows Security dialog box, click Cancel.
Edited by Nikas, 09 July 2007 - 07:07 AM.
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users