Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help! Forgot Admin Password

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DeSax

DeSax

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 09 July 2007 - 06:33 AM

We were trying to create seperate accounts with the parental controls on bellsouth.net. Couldn't even do that without getting Tech support online. Anyhow, we Created a seperate Sign in account when you log on and it was set up with no restrictions, and we are not having any problems at all. We just simply forgot the Administrative password. Actually it was me that did it. My wife was at work, otherwise she would of made me write it down! Anyhow, I had read somewhere that it can be done, and not being that knowledgeable with computers have not a clue how to do so. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nikas

Nikas

• Members
  • 650 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 09 July 2007 - 06:40 AM

Hi DeSax and welcome to BC!

You might want to try to recover your password by following the instruction here.

There is also another fix by Microsoft.

If it doesn't help, you can always come back and let us know. There are many more other methods.

#3 DeSax

DeSax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 09 July 2007 - 06:57 AM

Thanks for the help guys. The Microsoft site you suggested says I need to use my password reset disk,,, I have not a clue what that is. The other site wants me to buy something from them.

#4 Nikas

Nikas

• Members
  • 650 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 09 July 2007 - 07:07 AM

Seem like the service from the first site does not comes free if you want immediate recovery. And sorry for overlooking on the part for Reset Disk. Here's how you create one.

How to create a password reset disk
Note that this procedure requires one blank, formatted floppy disk.

To create a password reset disk for your local user account, follow these steps:
1. Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE. The Windows Security dialog box appears.
2. Click Change Password. The Change Password dialog box appears.
3. In the Log on to box, click the local computer--for example, click Computer (this computer).
4. Click Backup. The Forgotten Password Wizard starts.
5. On the Welcome to the Forgotten Password Wizard page, click Next.
6. Insert a blank, formatted disk in drive A, and then click Next.
7. In the Current user account password box, type your password, and then click Next. The Forgotten Password Wizard creates the disk.
8. When the progress bar reaches 100 percent complete, click Next, and then click Finish. The Forgotten Password Wizard quits and you return to the Change Password dialog box.
9. Remove and then label the password reset disk. Store the disk in a safe place.
10. In the Change Password dialog box, click Cancel.
11. In the Windows Security dialog box, click Cancel.

You can see more information in regards to Password Reset Disk - here.

If you do not understand any part, please let us know.

Edited by Nikas, 09 July 2007 - 07:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users