Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do I Cover Up My Internet Browsing And Viewing Tracks

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 musicmank545

musicmank545

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:04 AM

I would like to know how to get rid of all my internet history. Every site I've visited, every movie I've watched, every picture I've viewed, every document I've read, etc...EVERYTHING!

I was also wandering if there was such thing as a proxy type site that could alow me to view websites and any videos, pictures, documents (basically every kind of web page attribute) that could be on a web page so that the only thing that could be recorded on my system or in any history log files or any kind of tracks that could be found would be of the web site and not the things I viewed on the wesite.

I Would really appreciate some help here. It is really important to me.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:46 AM

In Internet Explorer, Go to TOOLS/Internet Options/General and you can remove a lot there. In the Advanced tag, find and tick Empty TIF files when browser is closed. Make sure all cookies are checked over and deleted. You will have to track down and remove all Index.dat files. I think CCleaner will do that for you. Cleaners can damage your system so be sure what you tick to clean.

In Firefox, you have similar options on the Tools/Options/Privacy page.

Google will also record every page you visit, so if you have a Google Account, find your account and delete everything you don't want. This is there to 'speed up' your searching, but there should be an option to turn this off.

Sorry I am not as specific as I could be, but am going off memory at the moment. If you have further questions, just come back.

Good luck

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#3 twardnw

twardnw

• Members
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 PM

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:52 AM