Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Crash Notice That Won't Go Away...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bone Idol

Bone Idol

• Members
  • 393 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:12 AM

I have a crash notice that's been popping up for a couple of days now. Is there any way to get rid of it? I've clicked all the options and it still returns.

Thanks

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Nikas

Nikas

• Members
  • 650 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 09 July 2007 - 05:43 AM

This happen when you use Firefox and installed a extension called Session Manager. And this message comes up because you abruptly ended Firefox, if you do not wish to see this, you can either choose to uninstall this extension and/or close your Firefox the right way.

#3 Bone Idol

Bone Idol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 393 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2007 - 06:09 AM

Thanks Nikas. This 'Sessions Manager' must have sneaked in with the extension I downloaded called 'Tab Mix Plus Options'.

I'll be uninstalling it all as a bit of a nuisance. 'Tabbed browsing' is not nearly as good as browsing with the Bookmarks Toolbar - which allows you to type out how long a word you need to identify the various websites.

#4 Nikas

Nikas

• Members
  • 650 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2007 - 06:36 AM

You're welcome.

IMO, Session Manager extension seem good to me as I'm using it also, and sometimes Firefox just crashed thus, Session Manager saved me.

#5 Bone Idol

Bone Idol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 393 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2007 - 06:02 PM

I'm back to square One, Nikas. I got another crash notice today despite uninstalling the session manager program.

I have no idea what it means to close Firefox 'too suddenly' or incorrectly. For at least two years I've been shutting down my computer in the same way without any notices telling me I've done the wrong thing.

#6 Nikas

Nikas

• Members
  • 650 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:27 PM

If you don't mind, please uninstall Firefox completely and that includes any extension you had with Firefox. Then download the latest one and install it all over again.

Give it a try and see how it goes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users