Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is There A Way I Can Play A Sega Genisis Through My Laptop Screen?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 unnnies

unnnies

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:15 PM

I recently got out my old sega genisis and wanted to hook it up in my room. However, I do not have a TV up there. I was wondering if I could somehow use my laptop screen to play the games. My sister also has a desktop so if it was possible I could hook it up to that I would, but the laptop would be preferable. thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:30 PM

Do you have any RCA, DVI, or HDMA video inputs on either PC? If you do its just a matter of going to your local Radio Shack to pick up an adapter and finding a set of RCA connections for a Genesis (this is the hard part).

Posted Image

#3 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 14 July 2007 - 08:31 PM

It is possible that your video card has a video-in plug that is yellow in color and fits the male yellow plug to your Genesis. In that case, you could just 'plug and play', but few video cards have video in. If you are willing to spend $10 for this ability and wait a few days, the Plextor PX-TV100U is for you. It plugs in thru the USB interface, and can be viewed full-screen using the included software that includes a TV tuner and all the little extras. If you ever want to record the video from the input, the easiest way is to open windows movie maker and click capture video in the sidepane.
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

#4 nforce

nforce

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 17 July 2007 - 12:26 AM

To do what you want, one of the only options would to get some sort of usb movie box or do what the above posts said. You could also just go to freeroms.com or somewhere and get a genesis emulator.

Edited by nforce, 17 July 2007 - 12:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users