Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie 7?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 trumpetman51

trumpetman51

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 08 July 2007 - 09:32 PM

Hello,

I am new to this forum and I thought it would be a good place to ask what other users of Internet Explorer think of Microsoft's new Internet Explorer 7!!

Do you like it or doe you prefer to stay with version 6??

Any and ALL responses are WELCOMED!!!

Just trying to get a consensus from some other users!!

Thanks!!

trumpetman51
"The right direction's all that counts and there's no way for me to get there late!!"

trumpetman51 (John)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:11 PM

I switched to FireFox before IE7 was released which I prefer over any IE. but I still have IE7 since its almost needed at this point if you run Windows. IE7 is a long awaited update to IE6 the addition of Tabbed browsing and advanced security features are the main things that make it better then IE6.

There are plenty of great browsers out there and everyone has its place. Apples Safari Browser is in Beta testing for Windows now and Opera is also a regular favorite. None really have the extensions of Firefox which turns you browser into something more useful.

6 is outdated and should have been done away with years ago. 7 is a step in the right direction but is still behind many 3rd party browsers.

Posted Image

#3 1Bart

1Bart

• Members
  • 263 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:51 PM

"Discovered" Firefox as 7 was released.....and never looked back. Ff indeed is something different....and safer...the malware artists haven't gotten there yet.......

7 does have that tabbed browsing though...and added security...because it needed it!!!!

Edited by 1Bart, 09 July 2007 - 05:53 AM.

#4 trumpetman51

trumpetman51
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2007 - 03:33 PM

Thanks for the feedback thusfar!!!!

I too have used Firefox and my only complaint is that many websites do not DISPLAY CORRECTLY on FIREFOX, unless there is some FIX
I don't know about!!!!!
"The right direction's all that counts and there's no way for me to get there late!!"

trumpetman51 (John)

#5 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 AM

Posted 09 July 2007 - 04:10 PM

Hi trumpetman51,

Have a look at the MozillaZine article; Websites look wrong.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#6 1Bart

1Bart

• Members
  • 263 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 10 July 2007 - 04:24 AM

The above-mentioned Ff site is of immeasurable help....All you wanted to know and then some...Good stuff with all their Forums too!!

If you are using "No-Script"....and I hope that you are....I have found it helpful to "Temporarily Allow" certain sites for them to do what you want.

Never...ever...."Allow Globally"...It defeats the entire purpose of its protection.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users