Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Winpcap

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 micoa

micoa

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 08 July 2007 - 08:47 PM

i dont know why but everytime i try to install winpcap it comes up with an error " An error occured while install mircosoft network monitor driver (netmon) (0x800F0203) you will beable to use winpcap on standard network apdters, but not on dial up conections and vpns"

i need to fix this because i want to use the program called "banList" but it says "require Wincap 3.1 or more" i have winpcap 4.0.1 but with that errror

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 08 July 2007 - 09:25 PM

How are you connecting to the internet? Are you using DSL or Cable?
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#3 micoa

micoa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2007 - 07:54 PM

i currently have adsl2+

#4 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:47 PM

Is the dsl hooked to your computer with USB or Ethernet?

If you are using USB you must change to ethernet your adsl provider can help you. If you are using a network card, click start, run, type in {sfc /scannow}, make sure that you have your windows XP disk to put into your optical drive if the computer asks for it.

Let us know, please.

#5 micoa

micoa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:22 PM

i'm using a 4 port router and it connected by lan cable. and i di that {sfc /scannow}, doesnt do anything

i did it on cmd box
C:\documents and settings\owner\sfc /scannow\
windows file protection could not initate a scan of protected system files

the specific error code is 0x000006 ba (the RPG server is unavailable.
]

Edited by micoa, 09 July 2007 - 11:29 PM.

#6 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2007 - 12:18 AM

Sounds like something is seriously wrong with your windows, Can you download and install Hijack This?

If you can, please run hijack this scan, save the logfile and post it in Hijack This forum

#7 micoa

micoa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2007 - 01:27 AM

yerh i did install hackjackthis
but now noones helping me....
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...&hl=winpcap

#8 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2007 - 02:27 AM

Please be patient, there are over 100 open hijack this logs, and a hijack this team member will be with you as quick as possible.

Post here if nobody has answered in five days.

And again thank you for your patience.

OF

#9 micoa

micoa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2007 - 10:05 AM

i was told to contact you because he said you may know more about this program and yer...i dont know what to do now i still cant install winpcap and i cannot contatc nlite

The removal of components may result in a more unstable system, that cannot communicate correctly with software that expects components to be present, and may open up security flaws. Conversely, of course, many Windows security holes are not present on nLited installation since many of the vulnerable files are simply not present and so cannot be exploited.

nLited installations can cause problems for computer technicians attempting to troubleshoot problems with nLited computers, since they do not expect a custom installed Windows. In addition, nLited installations cause the user problems later on when the decision is made to install additional hardware or software. These may not, then, be usable on the custom installation.

I've hilighted the most relevant information that appears to fit your situation. I suggest you contact nLite support then post back to your other thread and let oldf@rt know what is going on. He probably knows more about how to help you with this sort of thing than I do. I'm afraid that this is not something that HijackThis can help you with further, sorry.

#10 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2007 - 10:14 AM

NLITE has removed part of your network components. The only thing that I can suggest is for you to do a repair Installation of XP.

Then you should be able to install WINPCAP carrectly. It is also the reason that the sfc utility is not working, unless NLITE tech support can help you I know of nothing to help you as I do not know what part of windows remains.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users