Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Optiplex Gx270..no Video

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew D'Angelo

Andrew D'Angelo

• Banned
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 AM

Posted 08 July 2007 - 08:02 PM

I have an old optiplex gx270(i think cant tell because no longer have video). I have no video with it, it dosent ahve onboard video and i tried 5 different WORKING video cards. No video, how do i do like a clear out of settings or something for the bios. with the jumper.. iheard about that...Somone help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 AM

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:23 AM

Are you sure it is booting? Have you tried a different monitor?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Andrew D'Angelo

Andrew D'Angelo
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 127 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2007 - 05:13 PM

positive its booting,..plugged different computer into the same moniter and it shows so its not the moniter. somone said to remove the rams and try them one by one because maybe one failed, the second i booted after removing all but one.. i heard a beep that i never heard before(since it booted last)..but still no video.

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 AM

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:27 PM

Does it have a AGP slot? The AGP slot will be a brown socket closest to the center of the board. If it does can you get a free or very cheap PCI card? Not a PCI-e, the old style. There will be 3 or 4 on that motherboard. If you can get a PCI card (Prefer free or borrow) you can rule out a bad AGP slot.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#5 Andrew D'Angelo

Andrew D'Angelo
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 127 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2007 - 07:10 PM

I have tried 2 different (tested working) agp cards, and 3 or 4 pci video cards (also tested working) so I'm positive that its not a bad pci/agp bus...I'm not at home right now but I read about a guy having the same problem as me, and he said if he takes the cmos battery out, it works.. when I get back home I'm going to try that..any ideas about that

ps....there is no cmos pins(for a jumper)..so please dnt say that like the other idiots on other forums

#6 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 11 July 2007 - 07:32 PM

Ya just take out the cmos battery, just pop it out, and leave it out for a couple of minutes. This should set all the settings to the defaults.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#7 Andrew D'Angelo

Andrew D'Angelo
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 127 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2007 - 04:56 PM

Im going to try leaving it out, when booting see if that corrects the cmos error, if not then im gunna buy a diagnostic card . and see what that tells me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users