Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can This Program Cause Harm To My Cpu?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Phuntsok

Phuntsok

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 AM

Posted 08 July 2007 - 04:45 PM

Hi my friend asked for one of these and i just downloaded it and it seems to work fine. But i never heard of softpedia and i dont want to give him a link to a virus or anything. So i would appreciate it if anyone could scan this file.

This is the mirror i used

File urls removed to protect members - rigel

Edited by rigel, 09 July 2007 - 07:03 AM.
mod edit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,592 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 AM

Posted 08 July 2007 - 05:39 PM

Unusual request.
You or your friend can scan the file after it is downloaded. Here is one online scan that you scan either one file or the entire computer.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=k...G=Google+Search

You may be able to scan just one file with the antivirus and antispyware you already have on your computer. Just go to file and right click and see if that feature is available in the popup that opens.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is another link where you can submit up to a 10mb file and it will scan with l9 programs.
http://virusscan.jotti.org/

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 AM

Posted 09 July 2007 - 07:06 AM

Hi Phuntsok,

Please follow buddy215's advice to see if the files are indeed viruses/malware related. I have removed the links so a member wouldn't click on your link and accidentally become infected.

As you have downloaded these, if you have questions about your computer being infected, please run the scans in this guide : Start here.

Good luck,

rigel

Edited by rigel, 09 July 2007 - 07:07 AM.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users