Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan Adware.w32.expdwnldr

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Verina

Verina

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 08 July 2007 - 01:43 PM

Just the other day I was playing a game when it minimized and an alert popped up saying the Topic Title (Trojan Adware.W32.ExpDwnldr) and something about its security risk was a 4 out of 5, and blah. I've been looking up and down the internet trying to find one way of getting rid of this thing, but its not working. Now there has been another one on here that got theirs fixed by you guys, so I decided to post. Please help, as this has been going on for a week now and I can't play any game or do anything without getting it Minimized!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,324 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2007 - 02:14 PM

Use the program in the link below.
http://siri.urz.free.fr/Fix/SmitfraudFix_En.php

Post a Hijack This log in the Hijack This forum. DO NOT post the log in this forum. Instructions in link below.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Verina

Verina
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:37 PM

Thanks for the reply but I can't do anything with my computer anymore, it won't start up in normal mode anymore, and in Safemode you can't get any internet connection (even with networking available) So I think I'm just going to have to get a new computer! Unless there is someway to get the programs I need to use onto my computer without having access to the internet...which I doubt.

Edited by Verina, 09 July 2007 - 02:34 PM.

#4 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 10 July 2007 - 09:53 PM

Hi Verina,

Using a different computer, download the programs from the links buddy215 provided onto a Thumbdrive (also called Pendrive or Flashdrive).
Then plug the Thumbdrive into your computer and try to install and run the programs.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users