Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Window Updates And Internet

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 jeff522

jeff522

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:57 AM

After installing Windows Updates (auto setting ) the way my screan scrolls up and down changed, but only when on the net. I would delete the updates, but when I go through the controll panel to add or remove programs the updates are not in the list. When I scoll on the net its almost like stop action with the screan changing in a wave like manor. Is there a way to get the screan to sroll in a normal manor? How do I delete update programs that are not on the list of programs via the control panel/ Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:00 AM

At the very top of the add/remove windows there is a checkbox {Show Updates}
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#3 jeff522

jeff522
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:26 AM

Thanks for the help. oldf@rt

#4 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,635 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:27 PM

jeff522, I've split your HJT log off to its own thread that can be found here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/99263/slow-and-scrolling-problem/

You should only post a HijackThis log when asked and they should only be posted in the HijackThis forum. This is for your own protection, so that someone who isn't qualified won't give you advice that could be dangerous.

At first glance I don't see any infection, so it may be that it could be that the problem could have been settled in this thread in this forum--but that is not certain. However, any changes anyone asks you to make will change what the log looks like, so in order to prevent confusion, this topic will be closed until such time as your log is completed.

You also did not reply back to the last log you had posted just a few days ago. You should really carry out instructions given and follow through until your issue is resolved--it is really confusing for you to start new topics when the one you were being helped with may have solved the problem in the first place. It is a process, not an instant fix for everything, that takes several posts of feedback.

I'll see if SifuMike wants to continue working your log and if so will merge the new log with your slightly older thread. Otherwise you need to be patient and wait for a response from the HJT Team.

The thing about people

is they change

when they walk away.--Mipso

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users