Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet 7 On The Hard Drive A Message Popped Up Do Not Send Mail To Addr2@xinul.com? I Think My Computer Is Being Tracked.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 want2know

want2know

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 08 July 2007 - 08:29 AM

:thumbsup: My computer is a home computer and for about three weeks someone has set it to networking. My husband opened an account with msn and he has hotmail. I have asked him if he had been changing the settings and he says no. How can I tell if it is a hacker or my husband? I found an email that he had sent to icerocket.com to have me pinged. Does that mean he is spying on me? I am the computer administrator but somehow thru his hotmail he is the administrator. Can anyone help me understand what might be going on.

Moved from the 9x\ME forum. ~acklan~

Edited by acklan, 08 July 2007 - 09:08 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,323 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:20 AM

This want answer all your concerns, but check out the info from Animal in the link below.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/85348/addr2xinulcom/

Anyone can set up an account with MSN and Hotmail on any computer. You can have more than one account.

The pinging is probably him listing his blog with that site.

The only thing I see of concern is the networking change. Is your administrative account password protected? Do you have more than one computer or do you and your husband share the one? Does he have a guest account or just use your account? Describe your connection to the internet---dialup--cable--wireless

Edited by buddy215, 08 July 2007 - 11:56 AM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users